title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Folder/File Display Issue On End Point

Exclamation Folder/File Display Issue On End Point

I have Asset on a Synology DS718+, bubble upnp as a control point and a denon dnp-800ne streamer (end point). I also have a home wired with cat7.

So far, everything is great and very reliable and fast.

However, I use folder and file browsing to play tracks and I am experiencing a display problem.

On the end point (the Denon), it displays the file name plus the artist/band in the tag.

I have used MP3 tag to ensure all my FLAC Files are accurate and complete.

I have proved this to be the probelem as I have Single band/artist albums and I have Compilation albums.

Single band/artist albums are in their own folder. The files are titled as : Track Number Song Title (Example: Folder "Dire Straits", Folder "Brother's In Arms", 01 So Far Away)

On the end point, It will display as "01 So Far Away - Dire Straits" (with the album name at the top of the display)

Compilation Albums are also in their own folder. These files are titled as : Track Number Song Title - Artist (Example: Folder "Various Artists", Folder "American Highway", 02 Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac")

On the end point, It will display as "02 Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac" (with the album name at the top of the display)

If I look at my phone that is used to control bubble upnp, I can see that the information that's sent to the end point (Denon), is also mirrored on the control point. This is why I believe it to be a problem happening within Asset.

I have painstakingly checked my whole 2TB collection of FLACs to ensure ALL the fields are completed accurately, but for some reason when using Folder File Browsing to select music to play, Asset seems to display the album title (which is correct) but then the file name PLUS the artist (not to be confused with album artist).

I have tried all manner of things to "fix it", but none of the override settings nor the display/tag mapping options resolve it.

I'm really hoping that I've "missed" a setting somewhere OR if there's nothing currently, you could create a patch to resolve my display issue.

File and Folder Browsing is honestly, the most convenient way for me to browse my fairly large library and for them to display in this strange way is quite frustrating, so I'm really hoping someone can come up with something so that they display with their correct file tags, rather than the file name, album name and artist tags together.

Super Moderator

Re: Folder/File Display Issue On End Point

If you're running latest version of Asset UPnP:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?49829

Adding this line:
    preformat:=filename:=[title]
    Causes titles to be sent instead of file names.

You can add any other combination of tags in place of [title] if you wish additional information to be included.

Hi Peter,
    Thanks for your reply.

I have put this line into the "User / Rename" list. Then restarted Asset but there's no change.

I am running 7.5 on my synoloy also.

Administrator

You need the latest release

Is 7.5 not the latest release?

Administrator