title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to use the converter to produce m4a files

How to use the converter to produce m4a files

I am using DbPoweramp v14 and have just had to reinstall windows, and forgotten what I did previously. I've downloaded my DbPoweramp again and the CD Ripper is fine, but when I go to convert these to m4a the option is greyed out. If I click on m4a it tells me I need to download software and then asks if I want to do so which I reply in the affirmative. However I am merely taken to a page on DbPoweramp, but with no download links. I have tried downloading from elsewhere (Major Geeks), but don't know what to do next.

How do I install this codec?

If of course there is something better and more modern, I'd be happy to hear about it, for playing files from a USB drive in the car.

Re: How to use the converter to produce m4a files

Quote Originally Posted by Peterlanky View Post
    I am using DbPoweramp v14 and have just had to reinstall windows, and forgotten what I did previously. I've downloaded my DbPoweramp again and the CD Ripper is fine, but when I go to convert these to m4a the option is greyed out. If I click on m4a it tells me I need to download software and then asks if I want to do so which I reply in the affirmative. However I am merely taken to a page on DbPoweramp, but with no download links. I have tried downloading from elsewhere (Major Geeks), but don't know what to do next.

How do I install this codec?

If of course there is something better and more modern, I'd be happy to hear about it, for playing files from a USB drive in the car.
    The m4a codecs are included with the latest Reference versions. Unless you kept a copy of the original codec installer you might have to upgrade.

see https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm