title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playlist Error on QNAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Playlist Error on QNAP

Hi AUPNP Support,

I am running AUPNP 7.3 on my QNAP 870 pro firmware 4.3.6.1965 through my Bose Soundtouch Portable speaker.
    This is the first time I have tried a playlist and I get an error trying to play any of the files.
    Not sure if this is useful but the error that appears on the Soundtouch app reads "Hmmm... Thats didn't work. Play something else or try syncing your music library. (1651)"

Log attached

I tried playing the m3u playlist on VLC and it works fine. Tried changing my playlist folder location (for what its worth) and recreating the playlist but still the error remains

Any help would be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Playlist Error on QNAP

Lines like '/share/Multimedia/Playlists/..\Various Artists\Now That's What I Call Music! 2\1-08 - 99 Red Balloons.mp3' doesn't look like a valid path. This is a mixture of forward and backslashes (UNIX vs. Windows).

Dat Ei

Ok so what do you propose as a solution?

The music files play fine browsing / searching residing in the same locations

dBpoweramp Guru

Assuming your playlist named '/share/Multimedia/Playlists/Birthday.m3u' has the following content:
    Code:
    ..\Various Artists\Now That's What I Call Music! 2\1-08 - 99 Red Balloons.mp3
    ..\Various Artists\Now That's What I Call a Wedding!\2-20 - Walking on Sunshine.mp3
    ..\Various Artists\Now That's What I Call Music! 87\1-01 - Happy (From Despicable Me 2).mp3
    and that the actual files themselves reside in /share/Multimedia/Various Artists/

Have you tried changing the path separators to the UNIX standard, something like:
    Code:
    ../Various Artists/Now That's What I Call Music! 2/1-08 - 99 Red Balloons.mp3
    ../Various Artists/Now That's What I Call a Wedding!/2-20 - Walking on Sunshine.mp3
    ../Various Artists/Now That's What I Call Music! 87/1-01 - Happy (From Despicable Me 2).mp3

dBpoweramp Guru

Additionally I would try to use absolute paths instead of relative and to avoid the subpath "/../".

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Additionally I would try to use absolute paths instead of relative and to avoid the subpath "/../".
    There are no benefits to having absolute paths unless you want to access them ONLY from a single location (the QNAP) AND want to be able to change the location of the playlist files at will (without having to modify the playlists).

I have the master copy of my music on a Windows machine, but sync and have it served over UPnP from a linux box. Using relative paths allows me to use the playlists from any environment.