title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    [disc] represents the discnumber, or '[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]' is the discnumber with leading zeros (padded to two characters), so something like:
    Code:
    [disc]\[track] - [title]
    or
    [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[track] - [title]
    I've never used Batch Ripper before, but I'd guess [discunique] simply represents a unique number, and is useful within the batch context for CD rips that lack online metadata, otherwise they'd probably overwrite any previous rip that also lacked metadata.
    I tried two kinds above mothod. The first one you suggested, generated only one folder, 1. The second also did only one folder, 01.

Can I generate folder for example, 0001, 0002, 0003,...... ?

All my 5000 CD disks are, maybe, have no meta data.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JANG MINHO View Post
    I tried two kinds above mothod. The first one you suggested, generated only one folder, 1. The second also did only one folder, 01.
    Are you just using [disc]\[track] - [title] in your dynamic naming or do you also have [album] somewhere, otherwise each disc will be overwriting each other as [disc] represents the disc number within the album, so every album will have a disc 1. Something like [GRAB]1,4,[year][] - [album]\[disc]\[track] - [title] may help - assuming you're actually getting metadata of course!

Can I generate folder for example, 0001, 0002, 0003,...... ?
    Obviously you could add leading zeros to [discunique] ([SETLEN]4,48,,[discunique][]), but from what I can see I don't think it's guaranteed to be sequential.

There's a previous post here about how to reset the counter: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...944-discunique, although that was from 2013, so maybe things have changed since.
    Last edited by simbun; 05-03-2022 at 04:35 AM.

Administrator

The disk number is generated from 3161 as shown in the attached picture. I'd like to know how to reset and create it from number 1.Attachment 3338
    In the registry, should be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

DiscUnique

thanks, iI will try.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

All my 5000 CD disks are, maybe, have no meta data.
    This will be a bigger challenge. Perhaps look into PerfectTunes or similar to get your tagging in order first. That will make the renaming far simpler and more accurate.

dBpoweramp Guru

How are the files named? and stored now? Is there one folder per album which contains the music files, with the title of the track and the artist in the file names in some consistent manner. There are various solutions, both using the batch converter (not ripper) and other software to tag the music files using the data in the file/folder names if it contains the artists and titles, and is consistent.