title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    I am a batch ripper user. When I use batchripper, How can I set up cd ripper "to create each folder for each CD disk"?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    42,693

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Do your discs have metadata?

  3. #3
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,416

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Quote Originally Posted by JANG MINHO View Post
    I am a batch ripper user. When I use batchripper, How can I set up cd ripper "to create each folder for each CD disk"?
    this is the naming string I use. It creates separate subfolders (named Disk 1, Disk 2, etc.) for multidisk CDs.
    [MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Maybe only trak 1, 2, 3, ...... .

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    thanks. it is what I wanted answer. thanks again

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    42,693

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    If you do not have metadata then use:

    [discunique]\[track] - [title]

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    thanks, I will try.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you do not have metadata then use:

    [discunique]\[track] - [title]
    The disk number is generated from 3161 as shown in the attached picture. I'd like to know how to reset and create it from number 1.dbpower.PNG

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    126

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    [disc] represents the discnumber, or '[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]' is the discnumber with leading zeros (padded to two characters), so something like:
    Code:
    [disc]\[track] - [title]
    or
    [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[track] - [title]
    I've never used Batch Ripper before, but I'd guess [discunique] simply represents a unique number, and is useful within the batch context for CD rips that lack online metadata, otherwise they'd probably overwrite any previous rip that also lacked metadata.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    [disc] represents the discnumber, or '[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]' is the discnumber with leading zeros (padded to two characters), so something like:
    Code:
    [disc]\[track] - [title]
    or
    [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[track] - [title]
    I've never used Batch Ripper before, but I'd guess [discunique] simply represents a unique number, and is useful within the batch context for CD rips that lack online metadata, otherwise they'd probably overwrite any previous rip that also lacked metadata.
    What does 48 means ?

  11. #11
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    126

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Online help for such functions can be found here: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/help/dmc/Naming.htm

    48 is the decimal representation for 0 in the ASCII character set. Just Google 'ascii table' and it'll show you the mapping.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Quote Originally Posted by JANG MINHO View Post
    What does 48 means ?
    I tried two kinds above mothod. The first one you suggested, generated only one folder, 1. The second also did only one folder two, 01. Many treks are in the only one folder.

    Can I generate folder for example, 0001, 0002, 0003,...... ?

    All my 5000 CD disks are, maybe, have no meta data.
    Last edited by JANG MINHO; 05-03-2022 at 03:18 AM.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    thanks

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    Online help for such functions can be found here: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/help/dmc/Naming.htm

    48 is the decimal representation for 0 in the ASCII character set. Just Google 'ascii table' and it'll show you the mapping.
    I tried two kinds above mothod. The first one you suggested, generated only one folder, 1. The second also did only one folder two, 01.

    Can I generate folder for example, 0001, 0002, 0003,...... ?

    All my 5000 CD disks are, maybe, have no meta data.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    19

    Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

    I tried two kinds above mothod. The first one you suggested, generated only one folder, 1. The second also did only one folder two, 01.

    Can I generate folder for example, 0001, 0002, 0003,...... ?

    All my 5000 CD disks are, maybe, have no meta data.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •