title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"to create each folder for each CD disk"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JANG MINHO
    • Feb 2021

Re: "to create each folder for each CD disk"

Originally posted by simbun
    [disc] represents the discnumber, or '[SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]' is the discnumber with leading zeros (padded to two characters), so something like:
    Code:
    [disc]\[track] - [title]
    or
    [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][]\[track] - [title]
    I've never used Batch Ripper before, but I'd guess [discunique] simply represents a unique number, and is useful within the batch context for CD rips that lack online metadata, otherwise they'd probably overwrite any previous rip that also lacked metadata.
    I tried two kinds above mothod. The first one you suggested, generated only one folder, 1. The second also did only one folder, 01.

Can I generate folder for example, 0001, 0002, 0003,...... ?

All my 5000 CD disks are, maybe, have no meta data.

Comment

• simbun
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by JANG MINHO
      I tried two kinds above mothod. The first one you suggested, generated only one folder, 1. The second also did only one folder, 01.
      Are you just using [disc]\[track] - [title] in your dynamic naming or do you also have [album] somewhere, otherwise each disc will be overwriting each other as [disc] represents the disc number within the album, so every album will have a disc 1. Something like [GRAB]1,4,[year][] - [album]\[disc]\[track] - [title] may help - assuming you're actually getting metadata of course!

Can I generate folder for example, 0001, 0002, 0003,...... ?
      Obviously you could add leading zeros to [discunique] ([SETLEN]4,48,,[discunique][]), but from what I can see I don't think it's guaranteed to be sequential.

There's a previous post here about how to reset the counter: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...944-discunique, although that was from 2013, so maybe things have changed since.
      Last edited by simbun; 05-03-2022, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The disk number is generated from 3161 as shown in the attached picture. I'd like to know how to reset and create it from number 1.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3338[/ATTACH]
        In the registry, should be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

DiscUnique
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JANG MINHO
          • Feb 2021

thanks, iI will try.

Comment

• GBrown
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2009

All my 5000 CD disks are, maybe, have no meta data.
            This will be a bigger challenge. Perhaps look into PerfectTunes or similar to get your tagging in order first. That will make the renaming far simpler and more accurate.

Comment

• schmidj
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2013

How are the files named? and stored now? Is there one folder per album which contains the music files, with the title of the track and the artist in the file names in some consistent manner. There are various solutions, both using the batch converter (not ripper) and other software to tag the music files using the data in the file/folder names if it contains the artists and titles, and is consistent.

Comment

Working...

]]>