title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Wish list for Ripper.

Wish list for Ripper.

I have a couple of things that would make Ripper much easier to use. It may not matter for Pop and Rock music but for classical and jazz the data lines for metadata are restricting.

The 'must have' is: at the bottom of the "Manual Metadata Review" window the "Replace _______ with _______ Replace All" should have much longer boxes (blanks)for the data. It is very difficult to use the way it is when you can not see the whole line. Often it is necessary to have a longer line of text to change because many times a word or string that must be changed is also a part of other words. Without the longer contest a simple change can turn the rest of the data into garbage. There is plenty of real estate at the bottom of the page so it should not be too difficult to achieve.

The second request is that the columns of the "Manual Metadata Review" window should be able to be resized much like the columns of MS Excel. This would be a big help in selecting the best data. Sometimes for long metadata the stuff at the end of the line is hidden and you can't see it unless you scroll in the first column or exit to see what is in the Ripper home page. It makes it very difficult to see which data source, PerfectMeta, dBpoweramp Cache, Discogs, GD3, MusicBrainz, or freedb should be selected if you can not even see the whole line. I understand that this may be more complicated so I am not putting it as a 'must have.' But it would still be very useful.

Regards,
    Tom

Re: Wish list for Ripper.

I would like to add something to a wish list. When things don't rip "Secure" and "Accurate" the first time I usually try again with cleaning the Disk or trying in another drive. Often it is one or two tracks that have to be re-ripped out of many. On most mail programs there is a box at the top for 'Select all.' That way you can de-select all the items and click on the one or two that you want to re-rip.

Please put a "Select All" box at the top next to the Title bar.

Thanks,
    Tom

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Tom,

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
    Please put a "Select All" box at the top next to the Title bar.
    why don't you use the context menu (right click)?

Dat Ei

I did not know that existed. Is it in a how-to video, manual or documentation?

I have been making great use of right clicking in dBpoweramp to access hidden functions. Thank you Dat Ei!

But it would still be great if the replace boxes at the bottom of the Manual Metadata Review are much longer for each of them.