title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple artist in one album

Question Multiple artist in one album

Hi, I just bought the premium version of UPnP assets, before using this program I usually put in the artist tag also the featuring, and I counted them all under the same artist; but now every featuring counts as a single artist, is there any option to do or I have to change all the tags?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Multiple artist in one album

Quote Originally Posted by Tommasodaft View Post
    Hi, I just bought the premium version of UPnP assets, before using this program I usually put in the artist tag also the featuring, and I counted them all under the same artist; but now every featuring counts as a single artist, is there any option to do or I have to change all the tags?
    Have you filled in the AlbumArtist tag? This should group each album completely that dingle Artist, while the standard Artist field can have all of the featuring and other artist names separately.

Administrator

Asset has always done this, artists are separated. There is an option to keep these sub-artists out of the main artist listing, they would only appear if main artist on a track.

Hi...
    I had the same issue! Using MP3Tag, I had set the AlbumArtist tag for all of the tracks and still each track appeared in Asset as separate albums. Digging a bit deeper, I found that there were two AllbumArtist tags applied to each track: Firstly the tag I had applied as the album name plus the original name.
    Solution: Delete all of the AlbumArtist tags then apply the new ArtistAlbum tag.