title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Art work not showing (I think)

Question Art work not showing (I think)

Hi, I have just downloaded Asset UPnP. I use an Apple IMac to store my music and have a Naim MU So2. The Naim app on my iPhone and iPad both correctly show the music via Asset UPnp but I am not sure if all the art work is shown. There is artwork on the metadata

IMG_0439.jpg

I've tried to attach the image (not too sure if it has loaded properly as I am not very good at this type of thing). In case the image hasn't loaded my Naim app is showing the album name and artist as well as track details but shows a folder image. I have assumed that the folder image should be the actual artwork, but I might be wrong.

I have tried clearing the database and rescanned as well as restarting the apps to no affect. However, I am not really sure if the image should be shown where I think it might be shown. Any advice would be most welcome.

Administrator

Re: Art work not showing (I think)

Are you certain your tracks contain album art? if iTunes ripped that disc then the art is not with the audio tracks, it is locked away in iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Are you certain your tracks contain album art? if iTunes ripped that disc then the art is not with the audio tracks, it is locked away in iTunes.
    Hi. thanks for that. Yep I have loaded my CD's onto Apple Music. Presumably I will have to live with this. It's not a huge problem as getting the music onto my Naim Mu So from my computer was the key thing.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by YNWARD View Post
    Hi. thanks for that. Yep I have loaded my CD's onto Apple Music. Presumably I will have to live with this. It's not a huge problem as getting the music onto my Naim Mu So from my computer was the key thing.
    There are scripts available that can help take your iTunes artwork and embed it into the file. A Google search for Doug's Applescripts is a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    There are scripts available that can help take your iTunes artwork and embed it into the file. A Google search for Doug's Applescripts is a good place to start.
    Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by YNWARD View Post
    Thanks for that
    Thanks everyone for your help.

I did find that I could copy the artwork from Apple Music to the folder on my Mac where the audio file is. For those who use Apple Music (I used 'get info' from the album, then selected the 'artwork' tab. I then dragged the image over to the folder where the audio files are for that CD and renamed the artwork as 'folder.jpg'. It seems to have worked after doing it for a few CD's.

I found the above solution from Google