title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch convert multiple files in multiple folders but keep the files in original folde

Batch convert multiple files in multiple folders but keep the files in original folde

I use Windows 10

I have 100 folders which all contain a number of wave files.

Is the a way that I select all 10 folders and have dbPoweramp convert those files to flac and place the flacs in the same folder as the source wav files keeping the same name kHz, bit rate and file tags as the source wav files?

Can this be done in reverse where I select a number of folders that contain flac files and have dbPoweramp convert those files to wav and place the wav's in the same folder as the source flac files keeping the same name kHz, bit rate and file tags as the source flac files?

Thanks in advance

Administrator

Re: Batch convert multiple files in multiple folders but keep the files in original f

Yes, use batch converter, select the root folder, if there are other files other than wave, click the filter button to select only wav files. Click Convert, for encoder choose FLAC, and for 'Output To' choose 'Existing Source Files'

Click convert.

You can go Wave to FLAC, and FLAC to wave.

Re: Batch convert multiple files in multiple folders but keep the files in original f

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes, use batch converter, select the root folder, if there are other files other than wave, click the filter button to select only wav files. Click Convert, for encoder choose FLAC, and for 'Output To' choose 'Existing Source Files'

Click convert.

Hi Spoon

Thank you, it works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Click convert.

Hi Spoon

Thank you, it works perfectly.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you,

I now have a flac file, and a mp3 file in the folder so my file size has doubled.

Folders
    9632-FLAC
    Aaron Neville
    The Grand Tour
    01 Don't Take Away My Heaven.flac
    01 Don't Take Away My Heaven.mp3
    02 I Owe You One.flac
    02 I Owe You One.mp3
    03 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight.flac
    03 Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight.mp3

How do I only get the mp3 file into the converted folders.

Also for playing what is best conversion setting from flac to mp3.

This is for car audio.

Thank you,

Administrator