title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD ripper reports no metadata available

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Long
    • Apr 2022

CD ripper reports no metadata available

Hi, I have just updated to R17 and on 70% of albums, the program throws up two manual search dialogs saying data could not be found. On cancelling both, and refreshing, it seems the metadata actually is there. Can I put a second or two delay on those dialog boxes to allow the lookup to complete?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD Meta.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	297722
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD ripper reports no metadata available

If you click the green options button >> active providers

which metadata providers are enabled? do you have dBpoweramp reference or the Power Pack?

Also on that menu you can disable the manual metadata search.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Steve Long
      • Apr 2022

Hi Spoon, Many thanks for getting back quickly.
      I just updated to R17.7 Fully licenced Reference. Active Providers; PerfectMeta, dBpoweramp Cache, Discogs, GD3, MusicBrainz and freedb. I did spot the tick for the manual search option so may just leave that off. I have disabled windows autoplay to no effect.
      I don't see this behaviour on my old laptop, running the same version. Your thoughts?
      Can you confirm, the program needs a press of the refresh button to list the tracks. I seem to remember from the old v14 I had that simply inserting a disc would bring up the listing, but that's not happening. Ta.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

With 17.7 on windows 10 machine I do not have to refresh to get metadata. It happens upon insertion and reading of CD.

Comment

• Steve Long
          • Apr 2022

Thanks, there's something going on with my setup here. Have tried uninstalling the old version and new, then reinstalling but getting the same behaviour. I'm ripping 500+ discs and finding all these bogus messages and refreshing very tiresome. I wonder if the guys at Illustrate have a proper uninstaller to clear out any rogue settings or registry switches?? Hullo, anyone from the company have such a thing?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Save this file to your HDD, then right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'.
            If clearing the Registry settings run a 2nd time normally not as Administrator (by double click).

Comment

• Steve Long
              • Apr 2022

I say. This Forum is the only forum I've ever been on that addresses user's concerns. Nice work.
              Can you tell me where I might make a feature request, well to modify a feature already available?

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Steve Long
                I say. This Forum is the only forum I've ever been on that addresses user's concerns. Nice work.
                Can you tell me where I might make a feature request, well to modify a feature already available?
                click on "post new thread" at the wishlist forum here:

Comment

• Steve Long
                  • Apr 2022

You really are on the ball. And it's early yet in FLA. Really appreciate you guys.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

I'm just a user like you. And I agree, this is a very useful and helpful forum. Lots of users happy to help! (with cats and dogs, one doesn't sleep in......

Comment

• Steve Long
                      • Apr 2022

Thanks for all your help Spoon and garym.
                      I have used the uninstaller/cleaner and the problem persisted. I found what is causing it, the program hates that I have two optical drives. Once I removed the power from the second one, the CD ripper behaved perfectly.

Spoon, I would like the inability to recognise which one of the two drives has a disc in it, to be addressed as the second, slower drive often is able to rip where the first is struggling.

Have enjoyed the software for around 10 years, well, whenever R14 came out. Keep up the good work Illustrate.

Comment

• john1711
                        • Mar 2011

The metadata reader is not working. What should I do?

Comment

Working...

]]>