title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do i convert flac files to mp3 keeping the folders in the conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GVCCbob
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2019

How do i convert flac files to mp3 keeping the folders in the conversion

I have my music collection of 4000 flac songs in 3 folders, with album folders, nested with artist folders, art, etc.

I want to convert to mp3 so I can play them in my car.

However when I convert them the conversion gives me 4000 songs no folders. It did put converted sons into the metadata folders so I can play by artist, album, etc.

How do I do this?
  • GVCCbob
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2019

Re: How do i convert flac files to mp3 keeping the folders in the conversion

So using original source files how do I move these folders and files converted to my flash drive.

Original Source files did the conversion not to the flash drive but where the files were stored.

Help?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Use this for creating the car collection:

dBpoweramp Image Converter - PNG, Portable Network Graphics, Bitmap, GIF, JPEG, JPG, TIFF, Webp. Free Download (21 day full trial), start converting today

If you selected the output location as [origfolder] then that puts in the same location as the source files.

You are best using Windows explorer, in the root music folder in search top right type: *.mp3

Press enter and it will find all mp3 files, if you are 100% sure they are not needed put them in the recycle bin.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GVCCbob
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2019

Thanks but does not work on Mac OS X 10.11.6

So how do I use Edit Dynamic Naming to take my flac files folders by artist, album

What string do I enter, and how to I set the conversion to place mp3 in a new folder on the flash drive.

and Convert them to mp3 putting them a new folder on the flash drive, ie Car Music.

I tried a few examples and can not conversion to convert music into a mp3 file that looks like my flac file.

I find the app very complicated.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

This thread details the steps I am going through to create a selection of music for my car. I will be using many new features of dBpoweramp R16 to select just the audio I want in the car, rather than my whole collection. dBpoweramp will be setup to write the files to a location on the HDD, and later as new music is added to my
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GVCCbob
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2019

So here is the problem. After spending hours on this I took a flash drive and configured it on a Windows PC Fat32, Master Boot Record.

Only Apple could mess this up. When you configure a Flash Drive on a Mac Fat32, the Mac chooses GUID. This causes all kinds of problems because the converted files are not recognized in the USB Car Player.

Comment

• simbun
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2021

I don't know if you have this resolved, but the easiest way to mimic your source folder structure would be to set 'Edit Dynamic Naming' to:

Base Location: USBDrive:\Car Music\
              Dynamic Naming: [origpath]\[origfilename]

If you don't want to copy the full path, you can strip leading folders by surrounding [origpath] with [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER] and [], so to remove just the first folder you'd specify:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]

to remove the first two folders you'd specify:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][]\[origfilename]

The syntax is covered on the dBpoweramp Naming page.

Comment

Working...

]]>