title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: MP4 video metadata tag editing with dBpoweramp?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

MP4 video metadata tag editing with dBpoweramp?

I use this program primarily for audio file management but I have a small library of mp4 videos and although it has been a long time since I added or edited any new video files, I swear I used to be able to edit the metadata including embedded image and all the usual metadata fields that are there by default when I edit the metadata in an audio file in any number of file formats. I recently upgraded my dBpoweramp both music and video to the latest versions and now I cannot seem to edit the metadata in MP4 files. If my memory is correct, the reason I originally converted and saved all my video files in mp4 format was because I could easily edit the metadata for display in JRiver Media Center.

Now I cannot figure out how to edit the tags in a new mp4 video file I downloaded. Can't open it in dBpoweramp. Tried editing the tags in VLC media player but it has limited tags and no option to edit the image. What gives? Did dBpoweramp used to support tag editing for mp4 and no longer does so?

I figured out how to edit the tags using Tag&Rename just now, but please let me know about dBpoweramp and if it used to support tag editing for mp4 files or am I just tripping, thanks.

Administrator

Re: MP4 video metadata tag editing with dBpoweramp?

Music Converter can, reinstall it. It should put an edit ID Tags on the right click, also in dBpoweramp Control Center >> advanced settings

For Convert to click 'exclusions' ensure .mp4 is not excluded.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: MP4 video metadata tag editing with dBpoweramp?

So I reinstalled Music Converter, it's the latest version 17.7 [64-bit] running Windows 10. Still no 'edit ID tags' option in the dropdown menu when right clicking a highlighted mp4 file. Went to advanced settings in Control Center and verified the box for that feature is ticked. Here are two screenshots, first one showing the right click dropdown menu with an mp3 file, second image showing right click dropdown menu with mp4 file...

mp3.jpg

mp4.jpg

D'oh! I'm too hasty and I didn't follow the instructions in the second line of your reply. Works now. Thank you.
    Last edited by ferrarabrainpan; 04-06-2022 at 09:09 PM.