title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Foreign language titles, how to convert to English w/o typing all?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Swaman
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2011

Foreign language titles, how to convert to English w/o typing all?

The title really says it all. I just received an English addition of a box set containing all labels in Japanese. Is there a way to change the Japanese into English w/o retyping every label?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Foreign language titles, how to convert to English w/o typing all?

Are you saying that after inserting a CD in you drive, CD Ripper gets metadata from the online databases, but all the retrieved tags are in Japanese, or just the titles?

Comment

• Tom Swaman
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2011

The tags are in Japanese. The box set is in English except for on the CDs. The set is Sony, "George Szell conducts Dvorak & Smetana".

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

You should be able to go to 'CD Ripper > Menu > Manual Metadata Search' then in a browser find the album in Discogs, and as soon as you copy the URL to the clipboard it should populate the results in dBpoweramp for you to pick from.

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2021

I think if I add the URL the post will be delayed, so I'll put it in this post: https://www.discogs.com/release/1388...hilharmonic-Sy

EDIT: Cool, must have got privilege points (or maybe because it's Discogs).
          Last edited by simbun; 04-06-2022, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Tom Swaman
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2011

Dear Sinbum and Mville,

First, thank you both for your efforts to help me.

Second, please know that I had done that which you suggested. I still got Japanese for CDs 1 &2 and English for CDs 3 -0 7, but much was in error. The bottom line is that I did retype all in English. This was a true pain except that this box set contains excellent recordings so I suppose the time was worth the effort.

Best regards,

Tom

Comment

Working...

]]>