title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: codec for .OMA files

Unregistered

Cool Re: codec for .OMA files

Get RealOne Player and then take your OMA files that are on a CD and save the tracks in the CD Menu. The music files will now play with realone and can be burned with realone. To burn OMA files get sonic search from connect.com and burn a CD.

rob

Thumbs up Re: codec for .OMA files

I tried the file nam change and it worked fine. This is on XP and with creative media source and organiser. Good luck every 1!!!!!!1111

Unregistered

Wink Re: codec for .OMA files

Don't Waist Your CD's!

Download latest copy of SonicStage
    Open SonicStage
    Click; Tools
    Click; Options
    Click; Creating a CD
    Change the "Location Folder" to something easy for you to pull up or remember, such as C:\oma
    Open the folder you just created
    Open any other folder you can work with (C:\wavefiles)
    Drop a blank CD into your burner
    Click the SonicStage button "Transfer" using the (Create an Audio CD) option. (In the upper right hand corner of the application.)
    Click; Controls
    Click: Create CD
    In the dropdown box select "Test Only"
    Click: Start Writing
    Go to your location folder (C:\oma) where you will soon see a *.tmp file (~sss0000001.tmp)
    As soon as you hear your CD spinning up your "tmp" file will max out it's file size (typically about 30,000 to 70,000KB) Copy the *.tmp file to the "other folder" (C:\wavefiles)
    Rename the file (songname.wav)
    Use whatever you wish to convert the wave file to mp3, wma, whatever.
    Can be done with several files at a time.
    You must be viewing file extensions in order to change the name of the extension.

Unregistered

Re: codec for .OMA files

hey i have tried every single thing on this board and not a mf'in thing has worked...but i appreciate all the good ideas. sony just sucks.

on a really funny note, there is a SCATHING review of the sonicstage software and sony in general at this link:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columni...-12-baig_x.htm

I'm thinking of posting the article everywhere i can on the net.

Unregistered

Listen to this hilarious quote from the CEO of apple, about the stupid sony software and the dumbass backing by mcdonald's:

"I don't think anyone but Sony still believes that the future of portable music players lies with any technology other than tiny hard drives like the one that the iPod is based on. But apparently somebody forgot to tell McDonald's about any of this. Perhaps their Chief Technology Officer really is Ronald McDonald."

Unregistered

Smile Re: codec for .OMA files

Okay guys, I have read everything posted, and I think I can help with the Sony/McDonalds problem. I don't know a whole lot about computers, just enough to get by. Anyway, I downloaded 16 tracks (a lot of Big Macs!) and b4 reading your postings, I had the same problem with the formats and 3 of the songs had copyright restrictions. I found an easy way to solve most of the problem. Go to the the "View" menu---select "Transfer"---and then select "Create Audio CD." I was able to then download 15 of the 16 tracks to a regular audio CD that is playable in my most picky CD player. It was that easy! I hope this helps some of you

Unregistered

Thumbs up Mp3

Can u send me a mp3 song called "On the Way Down" by Ryan Cabrera?
    If yes, tks!
    If not, tks too!

my e-mail: faculunib@cidadeinternet.com.br

Tks

PS. Sorry my english.

Unregistered

A super easy way to convert the files is to download wave repair then just connect your line out cable to the line-in jack and record then play the file in sonic stage (or other)and when wave repair is done edit out the silence and convert with whatever you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    A super easy way to convert the files is to download wave repair then just connect your line out cable to the line-in jack and record then play the file in sonic stage (or other)and when wave repair is done edit out the silence and convert with whatever you like!
    dMC Auxiliary Input's function is exactly that - to capture audio input from any source connected to the sound card.

Unregistered

Smile Re: codec for .OMA files

you must change the -> .oma into .asx
    (then you can play your music files on windows media player)

ghost

Cool Re: codec for .OMA files

Quote Originally Posted by ghost
    you can convert the .oma file using an audio video converter called TMPGEnc plus. just drag and drop the .oma file where the audio file goes and convert it.
    it will convert to .wav format then you can use an audio converter to convert it to an .mp3.

also after encoding with the TMPGEnc Plus enc delete the blank video file that encoded with it.
    oops i forgot to mention that the you have to select DVD NTSC and CBR Linear PCM Audio through the Project wizard and then drag and drop the audio
    file into the Audio File area.. it should make a fake video file and the audio wav file after your done with that just encode the wav file to mp3 using any
    wav to mp3 encoder.. i hope that helps everyone it worked for me.

Unregistered

This may sound strange but what that guy was saying about changing file extensions was actually on the right track.

What We Know:
    The files will play in Windows Media Player.
    Inference:
    The files are encoded in a format similar, if not, identical too a file type WMP can already play.

What We Know:
    Changing file extensions of interchangeable (identical/similar) file types will not change playability.
    Inference:
    Changing file extensions of files in the WMP family will still be playable.

What We Know:
    There are many file types that WMP and Winamp can both play. (Ex. .wmv)
    Inference:
    There are file extensions applicable to ".oma"s that allow it to be played in winamp.

Procedure:
    Change File extension to .wmv.
    Winamp will now play the file normally with no loss of quality.

I am content with that but you can go the extra mile and convert .wmv to .mp3

If .wmv does not work, continue applying file extensions that both WMP and Winamp.

Tried and tested and it works.

And remember, no idea is stupid.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ghost
    oops i forgot to mention that the you have to select DVD NTSC and CBR Linear PCM Audio through the Project wizard and then drag and drop the audio
    file into the Audio File area.. it should make a fake video file and the audio wav file after your done with that just encode the wav file to mp3 using any
    wav to mp3 encoder.. i hope that helps everyone it worked for me.
    WTF are you doing man! Jeese.
    There is absolutely no need to create a friggin' Movie out of it.
    TMPG can encode to any audio format that windows supports as long as you have the right codec installed.

Follow these simple steps to encode any audio format to any other.

1. Open TMPG.

2. Click the 'Browse' button in the 'Audio source' field of the main window, select 'All files' from the drop down menu and load your audio file. Make sure the 'Video source' field remains blank.

3. Click File>Output to file>Wave file

4. Click the 'Setting' button now select the audio format you want to convert to (Mp3, wav, Wma e.t.c.)

5. Now give your output a name and click 'Save'.

Within minutes your audio file will be converted to your chosen output.

Unregistered

I found out tha Adding OMA to winamps DirectShow filter can make winamp play it.
    If i can only remember my DirectShow ripperi had a long time ago :(

Unregistered

Me again,
    You can then select the write to disk output plugin and write it to your hd as a wav, then covert it
    Voala here you have it

I'll sumurize it:
    1. add OMA to winamps directshow input filter
    2. Select the discwrite output plugin thing and make it write to disc as a wav
    3. Convert the wav and your all set, bye bye portection