title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: codec for .OMA files

dfwddr

Re: codec for .OMA files

Quote Originally Posted by Sam in KC
    Conversion was very simple - no tricks. Using that awful Sony software, just go to Tools, Options, CD Recording, Select Format. Then change the format to WAV.

Next when you record to a CD on any computer, not just Sony Viaos, right click on your music, select Transfer To, then select Create Audio CD. This will create a WAV file CD which can be ripped to what ever you want.

Good Luck,

Sam
    Here's a guaranteed way to convert it. Use a program that can read .oma formats (a.k.a. SonicStage), and put those tracks on a CD. Then put the CD back into your computer and use a program that can copy music from a CD to .mp3 format (a.k.a. MusicMatch Jukebox). Then when you add it to that program in .mp3 format you will now have that file on your computer sucessfully converted, without a codec or anything like that.
    Using these two posts works.
    1) Use SonicStage to convert and burn to .WAV (be careful, SonicStage WILL close the disc)
    2) Move files back to HDD
    3) Using a .wav to .mp3 converter, ( your choice, there's a bunch out there -- do a google search) convert to .mp3.
    4) Move to the device of your choice, or reburn to CD

Unregistered

Ok, I'm trying to burn my .OMA files to a CD, I've changed the tools/options/cd recording to record as .wav. Everytime I right click and transfer to Create an Atrac CD I get "Cannot create a CD because of copyright restrictions." I've tried it with all 3 songs I've gotten, but I get the same message for them all. It did this the first time I tried. I've also right clicked the files to open with WMP, don't know how this will affect it, but it still won't let me copy to a CD.

Is there a way around this copyright restriction bug that won't let me copy it to a CD?

Unregistered

The first time seeing the "oma --> mp3" very interesting, it worked. Yeah! But it worked to change ur extention. Now my precious file becomes a freak. Anybody tell me a solution to make it straight again? Mp3 or oma neither of them

Unregistered

I think it's just a jerk to make things complicated. You can right a way use the program like Sonicstage of Sony to burn the .oma files to neither of mp3. or audio cd. and then you can do whatever wit it

I ate a big mac just to download a Norah Jones song. I find it funny alot of others decided on the same artist.

Unregistered

Angry Re: codec for .OMA files

I have the same problem, and haven't found any way to get around it. How worthless! I can only listen to the song when I'm able to sit at my computer. You can purchase a song, but can't do anything that Sony's software claims it can do. I just lost my first investment in buying a song from Sony's connect... I definitely won't try that again. MusicMatch and other are better.

If anyone knows of a solution for this, please announce it. I'd like to recoup my expense.

Unregistered

Unregistered

Exclamation Re: codec for .OMA files

that web page has no "oma" on it , i searched about every page.
    and that person who said that sonic stage couldn't convert or burn things to cds, i don't know if you are a beginer or waht but it is very obvious it can, you just click convert to wav, then burn it.
    so does any one at all have a REAL way to play oma's besides sonic stage.

oh and whoever came up with the stupid idea that changing the file extension would convert the song is the biggest idiot ive ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I have the same problem, and haven't found any way to get around it. How worthless! I can only listen to the song when I'm able to sit at my computer. You can purchase a song, but can't do anything that Sony's software claims it can do. I just lost my first investment in buying a song from Sony's connect... I definitely won't try that again. MusicMatch and other are better.

If anyone knows of a solution for this, please announce it. I'd like to recoup my expense.
    Use dMC Auxiliary Input: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362

Unregistered

Unhappy Re: codec for .OMA files

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Ok, I'm trying to burn my .OMA files to a CD, I've changed the tools/options/cd recording to record as .wav. Everytime I right click and transfer to Create an Atrac CD I get "Cannot create a CD because of copyright restrictions." I've tried it with all 3 songs I've gotten, but I get the same message for them all. It did this the first time I tried. I've also right clicked the files to open with WMP, don't know how this will affect it, but it still won't let me copy to a CD.

Is there a way around this copyright restriction bug that won't let me copy it to a CD?
    I'm having the same problem "cannot create a CD because of copyright restrictions.... Any help out there!!!!

Unregistered

i just ate a big mac to download ryan cabrera's new single!! lol anyways, windows media player does work to play the oma files, which is great. but i couldn't save it to my library. then i tried changing the file name to .mp3 and the end and it worked!! haha that's crazy man. thanks yall!

ghost

you can convert the .oma file using an audio video converter called TMPGEnc
    plus. just drag and drop the .oma file where the audio file goes and convert it.
    it will convert to .wav format then you can use an audio converter to convert it to an .mp3.

also after encoding with the TMPGEnc Plus enc delete the blank video file that encoded with it.

Unregistered

I have played .oma files on my PC
    after I installed MAGIQLIP2
    I use Media Plyaer Classic play .OMA successed
    so I think that program have codec for oma files
    and who can tell me where is the codec in my computer
    maybe I can find it,and upload for everyone

Unregistered

Angry Re: codec for .OMA files

This CRAP Sony is feeding us is getting on my nerve. They try to force you to use Sony pos crapnology or you're screwed. I have a long history of Sony crapnology f***ing up on me. They must think they've really got something special when they promote their format and restrict the uses so that the only way you can put the file in a heterosexual format is to do some kind of crap like the line in on your soundcard, putting it in .wav format, and THEN converting it. And what the hell is this Atrac sh**?? Somebody at Sony needs to get a life and TAKE OUT THE TRASH.

Ephemere

The Solution to copy an audio CD protected (OMA format from sony)

Here is the solution to copy an audio cd protected by sony with the oma format.

I've did that and it's perfect !!
    This my step by step :

1) DON'T USE the data session with the pre-rip audio file in OMA format
    2) install the software on the audio cd (music player), just to can read the audio session from the audio cd on a pc
    3) use the very good musical software soundforge (the version I've tryed is 7.0)
    4) in the file menu, choice the save track from audio cd
    5) save in the format you want (wav, mp3, ogg, wma, ...)
    6) repeat operation to save the others tracks

That's perfect !!

For my own test, I've saved the track in wav format and I've tested to save with nero, in mp4 (the audio digital from nero) and it's impeccable.

I hope to help you.

Enjoy to rip
    :-)

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english, I'm not english, I hope you can understand.