title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: codec for .OMA files

Re: codec for .OMA files

PLEASE READ THIS POST!
    There is an HUGE amount of misinformation in this thread. There are nuggets of truth scattered in with all the crap, but they're not in one place.

I've started a new post that tries to lay out the actual facts about .OMA/.OMG conversion, including some stuff that's not in this thread. Please read my new post if you're at all confused about this stuff.

The new post:
    Sony .OMA/.OMG conversion: some actual facts

Unhappy Re: codec for .OMA files

Quote Originally Posted by ghost
    you can convert the .oma file using an audio video converter called TMPGEnc
    plus. just drag and drop the .oma file where the audio file goes and convert it.
    it will convert to .wav format then you can use an audio converter to convert it to an .mp3.

also after encoding with the TMPGEnc Plus enc delete the blank video file that encoded with it.
    Downloaded TMPGEnc Plus V 2.524.63.181 and tried draging .oma files but get the error message: "cannot open, or unsupported."

These are .oma recording I made of my band, but since I had to reinstall Sonic Stage, it now won't allow me to access the files because of "copyrite protection" ... protecting me from ...myself!!??!! Sony tells me, too bad, nothing can be done except maybe find a 3rd party software to convert the files. Can't find one that works. I hate Sony for this!!!!!! :vmad:

Files that I've transfered to the hard disk SINCE reinstalling Sonic Stage don't give me that error message.

I don't steal other people's work and have no intention to, but can anyone tell me how to access .oma files that belong solely to me but are copyrite protected from me??? :cry:

Can you play those files still on the computer?

If so, you can record them to .wav or other frmats as they play through your soundcard using dMC Auxiliary Input.

Unhappy Re: codec for .OMA files

Thanks for the quick reply, but no, unfortunately, I cannot still play those files on my computer. When I try, Sonic Stage directs me to go on line to download permission to hear my own recordings, and of course going on line doesn't download permissions from myself. So I can't even play the files on my computer.

That's why I'm hoping for a program to convert them out of oma format.

Tell me that's possible, please!

Are they playable on your portable player?

dBpoweramp Guru

OMG! People, i just spent 15 minutes reading thru 12 pages of repetetive talk over and over and over and over and over and over again! See this thread NOW

Hi all

Just want to let you know how i have managed this almost impossible task.
    I have a Sony NW-HD1 and have used Sony's NetMD in the past. So I am fairly familiar with sonicstage.

What i have always wanted to do though is have the music from sonicstage on cd for the car. After actually bothering to look at the sonicstage software properly i found it extremely simple (not to unlike me) All i did was burn an audio CD using sonicstage.............Sorted. Nero recognizes the file for future copies so its all good. I now can't see what all the worry is about. Just use the software as its intended.

I do agree that sony are a bunch of A@*e holes for making it so awkward. There should just be a common file format across the board which should also apply to CD's bought from the shops.

There, thats me done. Enjoy folks

And remember at the end of the day its 2359

DayvG

dBpoweramp Guru

allrighty thanks DayvG

So tell me, how come this oma to mp3 come standard music file is such an issue? Do different versions of sonicstage not allow you to burn audio files??

dBpoweramp Guru

dude see THIS THREAD now

Does anyone remember BETA format video tapes from the '70s??? Sony's audio format will go the way of the BETA video format. I'm just not going to use Sony Connect anymore, live and learn....

Thread Locked, as it seems to be wandering around and away from the point.