title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

codec for .OMA files

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linkinpark
    • Dec 2004

Re: codec for .OMA files

ok, can someone please tell me how i am supposed to change the .oma to .mp3 in the name???? I don't understand how i am supposed to do that.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by linkinpark
      ok, can someone please tell me how i am supposed to change the .oma to .mp3 in the name???? I don't understand how i am supposed to do that.
      You can rename the file, and then you just rename it with another extension, mp3 isntead of oma. BUT you should not just rename a file like that. Renaming does not change the file type. A file with the extension .oma is not the same as an mp3 file. You must convert it, which changes the file type, not just the extension.

Files with the .oma extension are usually playable in Windows Media Player, but generally they are protected, encrypted against converting (thus against copying).

You should refer to this post and try some of the tips there:
      Need instructions about how to convert .oma music file to .wav or .mp3.

Comment

• _Pete_
        • Jan 2005

I do appreciate your advice on how to convert oma to wav files but neither of the methods works for me. I've got a couple of oma files on my hdd which a friend of mine gave me. I believe he got them thru that s*!!! called SonicStage. The files won't play on my PC. Neither Wmplayer nor TMPGenc recognizes them. I tried dbpower and himdrenderer - no use. The option Create CD is greyed out on my SS. Any ideas?

Comment

• LinuxGrl83
          • Jan 2005

I've finally discovered a way on my own, After reading half of this thread and nothing here working for me, Til i figured this out myself. (If anyone is interested in knowing how...)

You'll need the following programs: "MP3 Workshop" and "TMPGEnc"

1. Open the OMA file in TMPG as a audio source, and go to option/output/WAVE file and select as a wave file, It'll save and be found in the folder you set to save you music files to. Then, open the MP3 workshop program, Load the OMA files of your choice in in the convert section, click on add file (make sure that "WAV-->MP3" option is selected in the upper left corner, Select your files and then click on start then "convert now". That should fully convert it to MP3 without any "rights" notice or other BS...(That's how i burned my music to an OMA- free MP3 CD and it plays well in my stereo and car stereo)
          Last edited by LinuxGrl83; 01-04-2005, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

So basically only the TMPG program is really needed to convert the file to a normal .wav, right? What you do with the .wav after that is your choice.

Comment

• Psychocube23
              • Jan 2005

Hi, dus ne1 know where i can get this "soundforge" program from cause i am in desperate need to get my good charlotte chronicles CD onto my pc and i aint got a clue how to do this?? ANY HELP IS VERY WELCOME, THANK YOU

Comment

• Psychocube23
                • Jan 2005

Or these programs people have said bout them but not actually sed where we can get them from. Which is the helpful bit!!

Comment

• whatisfree
                  • Jan 2005

Hi Psychcube
                  Why don'tcha do a search in sumthing like www.dogpile.com?

I just looked at this thread as I couldn't remember how to convert.oma files, went to the last page and saw the progs mentioned, popped each one in a search engine and came up with a few hits seconds later.

TEMPEnc was on http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
                  The MP3 workshop came up on zdnet http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,39025...060662s,00.htm

ken

Comment

• Psychocube23
                    • Jan 2005

Thanx Did find them altho i still aint worked out how to change ma oma files to mp3s!! lol
                    Owell ill keep tryin! ne1 who dus find a successful way reply PLEAZ thanx!!

Comment

• tmac4ten
                      • Feb 2005

OK, I have spent the last 4 hours reading every post that is on this thread. I finally found something that worked. I ran across a link that someone posted and 2 or 3 links off that I came across a guy who made an .OMA to .WAV converter or something. Im not going to pretend like I am some high tech computer savvy guru here. But it can be downloaded directly at this link:

It has 2 differnt programs in there but I used the one named HiMdRendererWin.exe. You can choose to search your whole computer for .OMA files or select where they are and where the .WAV will go to. From there I used Musicmatch to convert from WAV to MP3. Working just fine with all players. Good Luck with it and enjoy.

Comment

• br13
                        • Feb 2005

Perfect, thanks!

Comment

• Skystar
                          • Mar 2005

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a simple way to get rid of OMA is to use SoncicStage to "Create an Audio CD" (listed under Transfer). Afterwards, open up MusicMatch (you can even use the free version) and rip the CD into either an MP3 or a WMA file. I just converted my files and they play with no problem. I am also able to transfer and play these files on my Zen Jukebox, so it appears that the DRM is removed as well.

I hope this helps and if I've stated the obvious....Sorry.

-Jack

Comment

• atrac3plus SONY
                            • Mar 2005

I think SONY's Open MG ATRAC3plus is the best!Because it supports Windows Media Player 10(with audio codec DC-DSP Filter).And its 48Kbps is much better than Fraundhonfner mp3pro 64Kbs!I always listening music only on ATRAC3plus format.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

There is an DirectShow filter for ATRAC files?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Discostar
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                I used "Nero Express 6", went COPY DISC, and at the bottom of the screen, there's a MORE button.. Click that, and there's an option to SAVE TRACKS. Click that, then choose the .OMA files you want to rip, what format you want them in, and where to save them on your hard drive.. I saved mine as WMA files, then converted them to mp3 in another program called, "Audio Conversion Wizard"..
                                Guchi Jnr..
                                whoa, this totally worked! thanks alot. I couldnt add tracks from a japanese CD to my hi-md. I copied the OMA tracks to my harddrive, and sonicstage could read them, but refused to burn them to the disc; but Nero express 6 totally worked. thanks! :komisch9:

Comment

Working...

]]>