title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Renaming various instances of Asset

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Renaming various instances of Asset

Greetings all:

I maintain two separate folders of my albums, one with either WAV or hi-res FLAC files and one with MP3 versions of the various files. My primary instance of Asset is named "Asset UPnP: Server name" and targets the first folder. I just created a second instance of Asset to target the second folder; this instance was automatically named "Asset UPnP: Server Name *1". I would like to rename the newly created instance but can't discern if that's possible, and if so, how to do so. I saw a post about overriding rules in the configuration, but I couldn't find a specific rule about the instance name to change. Can someone help?

Thanks

Aaron

Administrator

Re: Renaming various instances of Asset

Click Edit Advanced Settings >> and in the General Settings at the top is the instance name, change it and restart asset.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon:

Thanks for the reply. When I open the app on my server OR when I open the newly created instance from the network link in my file explorer, I see a page titled
    Asset UPnP: Server Name. Under this is line that has two links, website or help. Under this is seven links, one of which is "Advanced". When I click on Advanced, I am offered five edit links, Settings Override, Library exclusions, User rename list, Browse tree and custom images, but no General Settings. What am I missing?

BTW, I tried to post snips but the Insert image doesn't seem to allow me to do so.

Thanks

Aaron

Administrator

What platform is Asset running on?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

QNAP server

Super Moderator

Instructions for changing Asset name via the web interface (Linux/QNAP/Synology):
    Go to "options" page, find "Asset UPnP Identification" setting, enter desired name there, apply.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Peter:

Thanks SO much; that worked!!

Aaron