title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi-Encoder File Sving Woes

Multi-Encoder File Sving Woes

Hi guys,

I'm using the CD ripper to rip in FLAC. ALAC and mp3 formats. If I rip just FLAC, then it follows the normal protocol of saving the album into one folder onto my designated hard drive folder in Artist order, then into an individual Album folder - perfect.

However, if I use multi-encoder, it just saves the files individually within each of my main FLAC/ALAC/mp3 folders, meaning I then just end up with all the tracks jumbled together.

I've checked each of the Path settings and they are all correct, but the Path settings option greys out when I use multi-format, and the above mess ensues.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multi-Encoder File Sving Woes

You need to configure the path for each enconder in its own settings.

Dat Ei

Administrator

In multi encoder, for an encoder within multi encoder, where it says 'output to' select 'edit dynamic naming' then click 'examples' and choose default cd ripper naming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You need to configure the path for each enconder in its own settings.

Dat Ei
    Thanks - yes, have already done that, each to its own folder on my hard drive. But what it's not doing its creating folders *within* the folder when using multi-format - when done individually (ALAC or FLAC or whatever) it does create an artist folder, and within that an album folder. In multi, just a dump of all the tracks into the main folder.

dBpoweramp Guru

Each encoder has its own path and naming string! Check "Settings" -> "Output To" for each encoder. Choose "Edit Dynamic Naming" to configure the naming string.

Dat Ei

Hi Spoon - perfect, thanks! I didn't realise I had to change the settings for each encoder *within* multi encoder as well - I assumed they would have brought through from where I set up each "Rip To" encoder option. That saves a lot of head-scratching - thanks!

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Each encoder has its own path and naming string! Check "Settings" -> "Output To" for each encoder. Choose "Edit Dynamic Naming" to configure the naming string.

Dat Ei
    Yes - I realise that, it was the fact that each encoder *also* needs to be configured separately within the multi-encoder section, effectively replicating what I had already done per encoder, that Spoon kindly pointed out.