title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping cds and errored tracks

Ripping cds and errored tracks

Hello,
    So I am ripping some cds and regardless of the settings I change some tracks error.
    My question is if I were to get a second copy of the cd do I need to re-rip the entire cd or just the missing track?
    Besides the ones that failed all the tracks were secure ripped successfully but I’m new to secure ripping so I was not sure if one failed track due to a scratch means I have to do the whole cd again or just the unverified song

Administrator

Re: Ripping cds and errored tracks

If you are using Replaygain DSP effect then re-rip the whole CD again. If not, makes no difference.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ceverson View Post
    My question is if I were to get a second copy of the cd do I need to re-rip the entire cd or just the missing track?
    A second copy of the exact same CD doesn't necessarily mean it will be error free, as the error may be a manufacturing error... just sayin'.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ceverson View Post
    Hello,
    So I am ripping some cds and regardless of the settings I change some tracks error.
    Besides the ones that failed all the tracks were secure ripped successfully but I’m new to secure ripping so I was not sure if one failed track due to a scratch means I have to do the whole cd again or just the unverified song
    Before you go and buy another CD you might want to see if CUETools can fix it for you (it depends how many errors were encountered during ripping and how many submissions CTDB has had of that disc). Google 'captain rookie cuetools verification' for a guide on how to verify the disc, and to try and repair it, in the 'Action' section, change the radio button to 'Encode' and the dropdown to 'repair'.

dBpoweramp Guru

Also try (1) cleaning the CD, even with gentle soap and water and/or (2) ripping with a differing optical drive. Many CDs that produce errors in one of my drives rip OK in another drive. And all my drives are cheap, nothing special CD/DVD optical drives, some connected via USB.