Hello Support Forum,

As the title states, I would like to use the "Trim Silence" DSP Effect to remove all Digital Silence 0s from the beginning and end of tracks as a part of my Lossless Converter profile which looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 00.45.21.jpg

My Trim Silence effect is configured like this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 00.47.29.jpg

I first ran the Lossless Conversion (including the Trim Silence effect) with the Detection Threshold set to 400 ms which resulted in about 500 ms of "Digital Silence 0s" left at the beginning of the track I was converting, according to Ableton. I then re-ran the lossless conversion for the same track with the Detection Threshold set to 1 ms and wound up with a waveform in Ableton that looked like this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 00.53.49.jpg

What gives? Why is there over 400 ms of Digital Silence 0s at the beginning of the waveform if I have the Detection Threshold set to 1 ms? Does it have to do with the fact that I already converted this FLAC file once at Lossless Level 6 and am reconverting it at Lossless Level 6 again? What am I doing wrong here and what do I need to do to remove all silence from the beginning and end of my converted tracks?

Note: I'm overwriting my FLAC files during conversion and so "Delete Source Files" is only used when I'm converting a lossless format other than FLAC.

Thanks in advance for any input.