title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: information log popup stopped working

Question information log popup stopped working

Hello,
    I've been using dbpoweramp cd ripper for a few years. Recently, for some strange and unknown reason (otherwise I wouldn't be asking why? I guess), the Information log popup window that used to appear after ripping a CD was complete, stopped popping. I get no notification that the rip was done except to view the RIP Status column ("accurate" or not).

Thinking that maybe the installation was corrupt, I upgraded to the latest version (17.7) from 16.6(?). I believe that the info popup appeared once and then stopped working again.

I've checked many times that "display error log" and "display information log" are checked in the "After ripping..." menu.

This happens (or rather doesn't happen) whether it's a CD previously ripped with dBpoweramp or not.

Just wondering how to fix this. Thank you.

Administrator

Re: information log popup stopped working

Windows or OS X?

After ripping can you show that log page? by choosing Options Menu >> View current information error logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Windows or OS X?

After ripping can you show that log page? by choosing Options Menu >> View current information error logs.
    It's Windows 10 pro.

The error log says "x(no errors)" right after ripping a CD with no popup.

Administrator

Ensure secure ripping mode is selected, on the secure settings page, at the end:

Report Contents 'complete'
    [x] Add to information log shown after ripping

Ensure secure ripping mode is selected, on the secure settings page, at the end:

Report Contents 'complete'
    [x] Add to information log shown after ripping
    Yes, that works for Secure Ripping but not Burst ripping. I used to get the popup info log every time I ripped a CD in Burst mode.

Administrator

Burst would not have a secure ripping log.

Question Re: information log popup stopped working

Burst would not have a secure ripping log.
    OK but why did a window with info about the rip used to pop up after completion in Burst mode and no longer pops up? This happened before I upgraded dBpoweramp. Could it be some conflict with another program I installed recently? Is there a way to determine this?

I wish I had a screen shot but I do not. If it ever works again I will post it.

After Ripping -> Display Information Log [check]

Information Log no longer appears.

I uninstalled dbpowerripper and reinstalled it. Same problem; no popup info log after rip.

The prefs were not deleted however so I'm wondering if it's the prefs files that are corrupting it. Where are the prefs located in windows?

dBpoweramp Guru

The configuration is stored in the registry.

Dat Ei

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ruinousbastard View Post
    After Ripping -> Display Information Log [check]

Information Log no longer appears.
    That is on the secure ripping page, there is no log for Burst rips.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ruinousbastard View Post
    I uninstalled dbpowerripper and reinstalled it. Same problem; no popup info log after rip.

The prefs were not deleted however so I'm wondering if it's the prefs files that are corrupting it. Where are the prefs located in windows?
    I've just tried the 16.6 and 17.7 trial and with a burst mode rip with both the 'After Ripping' log options checked (as is the default setting) I didn't get a popup; changing nothing else but switching to Secure mode and the popup appeared, so I think you must be mistaken.

Having said that, I don't know why it wouldn't show the window or allow you to create a log in Burst mode, the only thing I can think of is that it's a quick and dirty way of keeping it behind a paywall (as Secure mode isn't available in the free version).

That is on the secure ripping page, there is no log for Burst rips.
    I respectfully disagree. I've been ripping with dbpoweramp version 6.6 for literally several years. My settings have always been set to Burst mode with a few problem CDs as exceptions. I ALWAYS got a popup summary at the end of the rip. It's what I looked for to determine if the rip was done. My CD collection is close to 1000 so it's been a real habit.

I'm not making it up and I'm not mistaken about it.

Burst mode -> display log info when done; check -> rip CD -> popup window summary.

This has been my experience. So you're saying dBpoweramp has been acting abnormally since I've been using it?

Administrator

Version 6? that was probably 15+ years ago, it is like saying there was an option in Windows 95, that is no longer present in Windows 10...

Version 6? that was probably 15+ years ago, it is like saying there was an option in Windows 95, that is no longer present in Windows 10...
    Except it's not. Not "15+ years ago" and not like Windows 95. I was using version 6 when I first noticed the popup log window was no longer popping up. I'm not going to repeat everything I wrote already. Reread my OP again.

And, if the feature were removed in version 7, that would be a mistake ie UI error. Why... would Display Information Log after completing rip be taken out of version 7? Answer: it wouldn't. It's either checked or it's not checked. Hello?
    Last edited by ruinousbastard; 03-25-2022 at 04:48 PM.