title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't submit metadata changes to freedb

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orka
    • Mar 2022

Can't submit metadata changes to freedb

Hello,

I downloaded the latest version of dbpoweramp this morning (17.7) and i no longer can submit my changes to the metadata to freedb.I'm prompted with ¨Failed to communicate with freedb¨, everytime i try. I could yesterday with 17.6.

I am using a Mac running the latest version of Catalina 10.15.7

Thank,

Jonas
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Can't submit metadata changes to freedb

Thanks for your feedback.

I just tested submissions on my Mac running latest version of Catalina and dBpoweramp R17.7 and everything appears to be in working order, my submission appears to have been accepted.

There are few changes between dBpoweramp R17.6 and R17.7, none are related to networking or freedb access. Perhaps there was a momentary network communication problem with freedb servers?

Do you perhaps use a non-default freedb server? You can configure it under: CD Ripper Options / Tags & Filenames / Options / Online / freedb. The default is gnudb.gnudb.org.

Comment

• orka
      • Mar 2022

Re: Can't submit metadata changes to freedb

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your reply. As of this morning it works again, perhaps a temporary glitch somewhere.

Kind regards,

Orka

Comment

Working...

]]>