title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

One-time secure track re-rip?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewpetre
    • Mar 2022

One-time secure track re-rip?

I'm using batch ripper with a Nimbie on burst and watching the outputs for too many inaccurate tracks, then catching those oddballs and rerunning them in CD ripper with the desktop's built-in drive to avoid slowdowns on the Nimbie.

Is there an option for CD Ripper to secure rip just one track, or do you have to update the ripper settings completely?

It seems like when I switch to secure, that also affects the batch ripper, and I'd rather not do that.

Thanks!
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: One-time secure track re-rip?

You better rip your CDs with the secure method. As long as your CDs are ok and can be ripped without problems, CD Ripper will use the burst mode. In case any errors occur CD Ripper will change the ripping method automatically to a slower method to rip the defect frames.

Dat Ei

Comment

• andrewpetre
      • Mar 2022

My preference is to run burst on the Nimbie and take any outliers on the manual side. I tried it the other way, and it sat for 1.5hrs on one disc trying to fix it. If there's a setting to support my preference, I'd like to do that. If not, I'll suffer some glitchy rips and maybe revisit the ones that bother me in playback.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Look at the secure abort options on the CD ripper page, you can configure to abort after first error, and / or a maximum time per track, perhaps 10 minutes.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• andrewpetre
          • Mar 2022

Comment

Working...

]]>