title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

QNAP - No Digital Signature

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyBGud
    • Mar 2014

QNAP - No Digital Signature

Hi Spoon,
    I have used Asset for many years, along with other illustrate products and I am very happy with all of them.
    I also run a software company and I just wanted to understand why Asset has no Digital Signature on the QNAP platform?
    QNAP seems to be pursuing a very stringent certification policy, which I can understand in today's threat climate. It makes me a little uneasy when I have to (completely) "open up" my QNAP to "unsigned" apps in order to get Asset to work, but if QNAP is making it difficult for independent suppliers to comply, then I understand.
    It just seems a little strange to me as all your products in my experience are so well crafted and maintained!
    Best regards.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: QNAP - No Digital Signature

Because we would have to sell every asset through them, even if someone wanted asset for windows, as they are all linked as one version, and someone who wants asset for windows cannot possibly buy through the qnap app store if they do not have a qnap.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>