title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How can I integrate PerfectTUNES album art results with foobar2000?

Angry How can I integrate PerfectTUNES album art results with foobar2000?

PerfectTUNES was great for finding missing and hidden artwork for the thousands of albums I have stored on my external HD. But I cannot figure out how to integrate the resulting artwork with those albums in foobar2000. I am running a registered version of both apps in Windows 11.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How can I integrate PerfectTUNES album art results with foobar2000?

I've never used PerfectTunes, but a quick google seems to suggest that it offers to embed the artwork, or store it in an image called folder.jpg in the root of the music folder.

A stock foobar2000 (v1.6.10) install looks for the following artwork (File -> Preferences > Display -> Album Art):
    • Front cover: front.jpg, cover.jpg, %filename%.jpg, %album%.jpg, folder.jpg
    • Back cover: back.jpg
    • Artist: artist.jpg
    • Disc: medium.jpg, media.jpg, disc.jpg, cd.jpg, dvd.jpg

Where is your artwork stored?

Administrator

By default PerfectTUNES will embed album art and export at the same time to folder.jpg

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Check your Foobar settings
    Preferences > Advanced > Display > Album art > Embedded vs external

Plus you may have hidden windows image files that are in those folders that need to be deleted. Typically these are put there by WMP if you used that at some point. Make sure in your folder settings you are viewing hidden files as well as hidden SYSTEM files to see these. If you are absolutely certain that all of your music files have EMBEDDED artwork, you can search for all image files in your main music folder, select all, and delete.