title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset R7.3 not seeing new files in some media folders (Synology DSM7).

Asset R7.3 not seeing new files in some media folders (Synology DSM7).

Have just upgraded my Synology NAS DS218+ to DSM7 and Asset to R7.3.

I am having a problem with Asset detecting new files, don’t seem to remember this happening before upgrading, but this is what is happening now:

On the NAS my folder structure is:

/volume1/Music/Artists
    /volume1/Music/Classical
    /volume1/Music/Collecting
    /volume1/Music/Compilations
    /volume1/Music/Country Compilations
    /volume1/Music/Instrumental Moods
    /volume1/Music/Xmas

(I have all those folders set individually in Asset rather than just /volume1/Music and have done it this way so it avoids browsing an extra folder level in my control point which is a Cambridge Azur 851N. ie because there are no files in /volume1/Music, just folders, so nothing to browse at that level)

If I add new files to the first folder (/volume1/Music/Artists), Asset automatically detects them.

If added to any of the other folders, Asset detects a new folder, but lists it as empty.

However, if I get Asset to “Rescan Folders Detecting Changes”, the new files then do appear.

I have a very simple browse tree, which is only Folders & Filename Browsing and nothing else, as all I want is browsing the directory structure.

Asset has System Internal User, Read Only permission, on the /volume1/Music folder. Files are all correctly tagged as I have been using a copy of existing files to work out where the problem lies.

Don’t think it is a permissions problem on the sub folders otherwise Asset would never be able to detect any new files on a manual scan for changes?

Any ideas please! Thanks

Administrator

Re: Asset R7.3 not seeing new files in some media folders (Synology DSM7).

We have seen this before, it is a permissions issue on some of your subfolders. Try going through this again:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...Synology-DSM-7

Re: Asset R7.3 not seeing new files in some media folders (Synology DSM7).

Thanks, but I had already seen that link and had checked that the permissions were correctly set. I have tried reapplying them, but still the same.
    Permissions.jpg
    I then checked the permissions on all of the sub folders in my Music shared folder and they all show Asset as a user with Read only permission.
    Here is an example of one of the media folders that don't automatically index new files, sub folders showing permissions inherited from the top level.
    Sub folders.jpg
    If it was a permissions problem, then surely a manual scan for changes would fail? Asset always does index the new files after a manual scan, it is just automatic indexing that doesn't work (apart from the first media folder)
    One thing I have just discovered(!): If I delete the first media folder in my list (ie the only one that was auto indexing new files), that of course results in a folder that previously would not auto index becoming top of the list - and then starts to auto index, seeing new files immediately! And then even better news, all the other media folders start to happily auto index!
    So... I then reinstated the media folder that I had deleted for this test and now everything thing is working just great! I can add new files to any of the media folders and they all now happily detect new files automatically.
    Happy days, but not sure why this worked!