title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Metadata Editor for Mac

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Metadata Editor for Mac

I have a few CD's I need to edit, find album art, fix metadata, etc.

I use an iMac Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Is there a free app for the Mac.

Most offer trial versions that are limited, and for a few CD's I don't need to buy an app.

Tried MusicBrainz but found it difficult to use.

Comments?

Re: Metadata Editor for Mac

A little late for a reply, but I purchased Meta for £20 and it's definitely worth the money for me. Having said that, I am ripping a lot of audiobooks (multiple CDs, chapterised tracks etc.)

If I was in your shoes and unwilling to purchase software, I have had previous success using iTunes (or its somewhat worse successor Music). You'll be hard pressed to find something easier to use software with a better interface for no money.

Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

I use mp3tag for windows and they now have a Mac version it seems. It is a very powerful tag editor (and don't let the name fool you, it will handle almost any audio codec (FLAC, ALAC, mp3, OGG, WAV, m4a, etc.)
    https://mp3tag.app/

dBpoweramp Guru

And of course you can use dbpoweramp for metadtata editing, including batch editing (with batch converter).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I use mp3tag for windows and they now have a Mac version it seems. It is a very powerful tag editor (and don't let the name fool you, it will handle almost any audio codec (FLAC, ALAC, mp3, OGG, WAV, m4a, etc.)
    https://mp3tag.app/
    Note that the Mac version is not free, but still worth the investment long term.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    Note that the Mac version is not free, but still worth the investment long term.
    Yep, even though the windows version has no cost, I donate to the maker every couple of years an amount that exceeds the app cost. The software is that good, and I'd hate to see it disappear or quit getting updated. We get what we pay for. (and dbpoweramp and PerfectTunes are the most useful money I've ever spent for my audio hobby; these programs would be a bargain at triple the price!)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I did buy the Meta app and the add-on. It works well and is easy to use.

Thanks