title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Additional files not syncing

Additional files not syncing

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my library to Foobar on iOS and a removable disk. I added the .m3u and .png extensions to Advanced Sync Options, but only the audio tracks are transferring.

Thanks.

Super Moderator

Re: Additional files not syncing

Thanks for your feedback.
    Which version of TuneFUSION app are you using?
    What did you enter under "Sync Additional Files With Extension"?
    The exact correct value is:
    .m3u;.png
    (no spaces, semicolon delimited)

I am on release 1.6. I entered the values correctly (.m3u;.png).

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report.

TuneFUSION as of R1.6 doesn't correctly handle changing of this setting after the initial sync has been performed; you'd need to toggle:
    sync settings / general / options / next sync / refresh all
    ... then sync again, which would rewrite the entire library, also transferring the missing files.

A new update addressing this bug will be made available shortly, so you don't have to copy whole library again to add missing additional files.

I toggled the option but the other files still aren't copying over. When I try it with Foobar, nothing happens and it says sync incomplete immediately. I also tried adding a new sync, but the function doesn't work on the first sync either.

Super Moderator

Works for me (just transferred accompanying M3U playlists over to iPhone).

Another explanation for what you're seeing is that additional files are picked ONLY if placed in folders containing music files.
    If you have playlists in a parent folder and actual music in subfolders, TuneFUSION will not pick these playlists. If this is the case for you, we'll investigate a workaround.

Thanks, I put a song in the parent folder and the playlist file copied over.

I also tried Detect and Rewrite Missing Files on Destination and it doesn't work for my iPhone. When I delete a track on my phone, the next sync would appear successful but the file is not rewritten.

Finally, I was wondering if it can be possible to delete non-audio files from folders in Foobar, or have "delete destination tracks no longer present in source" also apply to other files? Again, thanks for the help!