title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem with displayed naming options on CD Ripper (drop-down box)

Question Problem with displayed naming options on CD Ripper (drop-down box)

Hello,

Yesterday I installed a paid-for dBpoweramp on a Windows 7 machine. I had previously been using CD Ripper free on the same machine.

I have found that the "Naming" drop down selection box shows about 7 different choices, but - and this is the problem - all except one are shown as the script used to create the names and paths, and not the example of what the script would produce.

So, for example, instead of showing a choice such as "Album Artist\Album\TrackNum Artist - Title" in the drop-down list, the script to create this is displayed instead. The drop-down list doesn't show a large number of characters, and the first parts of many of the scripts are pretty much the same, so they are indistinguishable.

If I press "Set" to select a script, then a new Window pops up showing both the script and the example. This looks OK. However, the feature as a whole - and it is pretty fundamental - clearly isn't working as intended on my machine. I need to fix it.

I'd be grateful to Forum members, and to the program developers, for help.

Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Problem with displayed naming options on CD Ripper (drop-down box)

Quote Originally Posted by SimonC View Post
    Hello,

Yesterday I installed a paid-for dBpoweramp on a Windows 7 machine. I had previously been using CD Ripper free on the same machine.

I have found that the "Naming" drop down selection box shows about 7 different choices, but - and this is the problem - all except one are shown as the script used to create the names and paths, and not the example of what the script would produce.

So, for example, instead of showing a choice such as "Album Artist\Album\TrackNum Artist - Title" in the drop-down list, the script to create this is displayed instead. The drop-down list doesn't show a large number of characters, and the first parts of many of the scripts are pretty much the same, so they are indistinguishable.

If I press "Set" to select a script, then a new Window pops up showing both the script and the example. This looks OK. However, the feature as a whole - and it is pretty fundamental - clearly isn't working as intended on my machine. I need to fix it.

I'd be grateful to Forum members, and to the program developers, for help.

Thank you.

What you are seeing is what I've always seen in the drop down list. (the script). I click on SET to see the actual detail. And I give my naming scripts a particular short PROFILE name (3 rows up from the naming row) so it is easy to select a particular naming scheme/ripping profile. To be fair, I actually rarely change from my default naming scheme, as it automatically covers all my uses (compilations, non compilations, multi disk, etc.).

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

Administrator

Re: Problem with displayed naming options on CD Ripper (drop-down box)

This is correct, if you have the default naming than a simpler presentation is shown, if this is changed then the full script is shown.