title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting music from iTunes to flac does not move Album Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GVCCbob
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2019

Converting music from iTunes to flac does not move Album Art

I had a bunch of iTunes music that I wanted to move to flac files on my NAS.

Music Converter great job of moving the files and converting but did not move any of the art work.

No art, album covers, in meta tags.

I found it very difficult to fix this.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Converting music from iTunes to flac does not move Album Art

iTunes does not embed the album art in the audio files, but organizes the album art in its database.

Dat Ei

Comment

• GVCCbob
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2019

So how do you convert an itunes album and move the art work.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not easily, as the album art is locked away inside iTunes. There might be a tool to extract the art from iTunes and place it in the files.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GBrown
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2009

The are AppleScripts (Mac) and VB scripts (PC) that can support embedding your iTunes artworks quickly and easily. Google for your platform and download the one you need. Doug&*8217;s scripts and Samsoft are useful for me.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Download over 500 AppleScripts for use with Apple's Media Apps, plus get tips and information on writing your own AppleScripts. -

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

I used this software several years ago to automatically embed the iTunes artwork into the file tags (so I could use the files elsewhere). I think it cost $5 but it was easy to use and well worth it. EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed this is Windows only.
              iCoverArt is an iTunes utility for Windows which will embed album cover art into song files in iTunes.
              Last edited by garym; 02-13-2022, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• HelenaMaria
                • Feb 2022

Tunes does not embed the album art in the audio files, but organizes the album art in its database.Note

Comment

• PWillco
                  • Mar 2022

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                  iTunes does not embed the album art in the audio files, but organizes the album art in its database.

Dat Ei
                  I don't think that is true (at least anymore), I'm a big iTunes customer and have used iTunes purchased music with non-Apple players and it seems to have album art without having to do anything. My current DAP is a Hidizs AP80 Pro player and album art shows up with tracks i purchased from iTunes (without having to add an image to the folder or use PerfectTunes). Album art also shows up as present when checking it with PerfectTunes-ID Tags.

I am a Mac user only, I do not know if it is true on Windows machines, but don't know why it would be different. I also do not allow iTunes to automatically deal with album art, I turn that setting off. Maybe in the past it didn't embed album art, though, or has something to do with the automatic feature, I don't know.

[Edit: However, I remember that when ripping CD's, it does not embed album art, it has to be done separately, as I recall. I haven't ripped CD's with that program for awhile. It does allow you to manually embed album in the files, though, I have added/changed album art via iTunes pretty frequently.]
                  Last edited by PWillco; 03-19-2022, 11:34 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

• GBrown
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by PWillco
                    I don't think that is true (at least anymore), I'm a big iTunes customer and have used iTunes purchased music with non-Apple players and it seems to have album art without having to do anything. My current DAP is a Hidizs AP80 Pro player and album art shows up with tracks i purchased from iTunes (without having to add an image to the folder or use PerfectTunes). Album art also shows up as present when checking it with PerfectTunes-ID Tags.
                    I am on Windows and also have used iTunes in the past to purchase. I have no issues with album artwork transferring over, I use an Android-based iBasso DX160 DAP and artwork is fine for me too.

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

It certainly used to be true. (I think PURCHASED music from itunes store comes with embedded artwork, but ripped CDs with itunes embeds the art in a special itunes only database. In the past I used iCoverArt to do a automatic batch embedding of the art from the itunes database into the tracks themselves.

iCoverArt is an iTunes utility for Windows which will embed album cover art into song files in iTunes.

Comment

Working...

]]>