title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Issues with the Compilations settings????

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Issues with the Compilations settings????

Here is the problem, I wanted all my Windham CD's to be under one Artist. I have 7 Windham CD's.

Ripping the Invitation to Album Titles Windham Hill volume 1, and 2, Compilation Flag was on, and Album Artist was Windham Hill. In the Streamer
    the Artists got Placed in Various, and are not showing up under George Winston where my other are placed.

I don't know what happened to Windham Hill the Album Artist title? It does not show up anywhere in the streamer.

There is no Compilation Tag in Metadata to change or delete, but I think once a CD is ripped with that flag on it is too late.

I have the Album Artist as Windham Hill, however, each Artist is listed for each track in the Metadata.

This is causing organization issues in the streamers.

How do I get all these CD's to be organized under George Winston so I can easily find them.

How did these Albums get placed in Various?

Not sure if I am explaining my issue so well, but hopefully those who has worked with Compilations can give some advise.

How do I fix this.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Issues with the Compilations settings????

Quote Originally Posted by GVCCbob View Post
    Here is the problem, I wanted all my Windham CD's to be under one Artist. I have 7 Windham CD's.

Ripping the Invitation to Album Titles Windham Hill volume 1, and 2, Compilation Flag was on, and Album Artist was Windham Hill. In the Streamer
    the Artists got Placed in Various, and are not showing up under George Winston where my other are placed.
    This post is very confused.

Which Artist do you want the albums to appear under? Do you mean Artist or Album Artist? Do you want the CDs to appear under Windham Hill, George Winston or Various?

I don't know what happened to Windham Hill the Album Artist title? It does not show up anywhere in the streamer.
    Perhaps your streamer does not know how to handle the Album Artist Windham Hill, when Compilation is on? i.e. perhaps the streamer is overriding the Album Artist and placing the CD in various.

There is no Compilation Tag in Metadata to change or delete, but I think once a CD is ripped with that flag on it is too late.
    Incorrect. Prior to ripping, if Compilation is ticked in the CD Ripper main window and Compilation Flag is ticked in the CD Ripper Options, then the Compilation tag will be written to the metadata, with a value of 1.

How did these Albums get placed in Various?
    Perhaps, as you said earlier, Compilation is on.

I have no idea which streamer you are using or how it handles metadata and organizes it's internal library. You would need to refer to the streamer manual/forum/support, if you want to know how it works.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Issues with the Compilations settings????

Incorrect. It's just a tag. Use a tag editing program and for the COMPILATION field, it has a value of "1". Change this to "blank" (i.e., delete the field). Not all tag editing programs are created equally. Some may not pick up all tag fields. Just use EDIT ID TAG that is built into dbpoweramp. It will see this tag field.

I have the Album Artist as Windham Hill, however, each Artist is listed for each track in the Metadata.
    If compilation tag is set, then each ARTIST will show up for each track even though you've set ALBUM ARTIST to Windham Hill. If you want the individual track artists to also be Windham Hill, you need to edit the tags so that ARTIST is also Windham Hill. (although I'm not sure why you'd want this? I'd prefer to have ALBUM ARTIST as Windham Hill, with each track showing the actual track artist.
    Last edited by garym; 02-11-2022 at 09:44 AM.