title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Latest QNAP firmware stopping Asset

Latest QNAP firmware stopping Asset

After updating my QNAP NAS to the latest firmware 5.0.0.1932, I found that Asset had been stopped and a message had been put into the message center stating...

"Asset has an invalid digital signature. The app has stopped and cannot be installed on QTS. You can remove it in the App Center"

Are Asset aware of this digital signature situation and will it be addressed?

Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Latest QNAP firmware stopping Asset

What happens if you allow the use of apps without signature?

Dat Ei

Super Moderator

Please open QNAP app center, settings (gear icon in upper right corner), check "Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature".

This is once again a bug in QNAP firmware:
    - Asset doesn't have an invalid signature, it's not signed at all.
    - It didn't stop Asset from installing, it stops already installed Asset from running.

That said, I have been trying to obtain a digital signature from QNAP with no success (no response at all to contact forms or emails). Just keep toggling the switch if Asset doesn't work after an update.

This has happened to me too on my QNAP NAS after the most recent update. I can use app center to start Asset but it just keeps getting randomly stopped and that's a huge pain in the neck.

I've opened a ticket with QNAP so let's see if they come back with anything useful.

Thank you for your instruction PeterP...

Please open QNAP app center, settings (gear icon in upper right corner), check "Allow installation of applications without a valid digital signature"

I did that then restarted Asset and all is back to normal