title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Retrieving metadata gets stuck, canceling loses metadata that was obtained

Exclamation Retrieving metadata gets stuck, canceling loses metadata that was obtained

I'm using Release 17.4 (1) of PowerAmp Music Converter / CD Ripper, on a Mac mini running MacOS v12.2 (Monterey).

I have a CD inserted and the metadata retrieval gets stuck on Discogs, and reports it is done with GD3, MusicBrainz, and Freedb. I wait several minutes and it doesn't resolve. Cancel seems to be the only way out. After canceling, it appears as if no metadata was obtained. All the tracks are labeled generically Track 1, etc.

It would be nice if there was a way to workaround this problem by disabling the sources that are not working, or if the program itself would give a choice to cancel or skip this source and continue to the other sources (or to the end).

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Here is a screenshot of the progress bar and the status text:

metadata-gets-stuck.png

Re: Retrieving metadata gets stuck, canceling loses metadata that was obtained

Upgrading to Release 17.5 (1) seems to have resolved the issue.