title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AssetUPnP on Mint feeds Linn m/c: periodically Linn sees Asset server but no content

AssetUPnP on Mint feeds Linn m/c: periodically Linn sees Asset server but no content

Hello all,

AssetUPnP R7.3 running on Linux Mint 20.2 serving music to a Linn streamer.
    The machine is always up.
    All works well. Mostly.

Periodically - maybe weekly - the Linn software sees no content. Frustratingly it can still see the Asset server as a source but no content to be played.
    When this is happening the Asset status page shows the Library contains the expected number of tracks and albums.
    <Restart Asset UPnP> does not fix.
    <Clear database, rescan all folders> fixes the issue until the next time.

Something must be changing when the Linn sees no content. Clearly the files are still present in the same folders on the Mint machine. Linn support suggested power management on the Mint machine might be suspending the drive(s). I was hopeful but when I looked I found <Suspend when inactive for> was already configured to 'Never'.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: AssetUPnP on Mint feeds Linn m/c: periodically Linn sees Asset server but no cont

You can enable the debug log for Asset, it might show what asset is seeing.

Re: AssetUPnP on Mint feeds Linn m/c: periodically Linn sees Asset server but no cont

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can enable the debug log for Asset, it might show what asset is seeing.
    Hello, ermm... how do I do that? And where can I review the log?
    Thanks

Hello,
    So i managed to enable debug logging. Yay..

Please could you give me an idea of when Asset would look to write to these logs because when I click on <Show UPnP Logs> or <Show Library Logs> in the browser it paints a blank screen.

I cannot pretend to understand how the server and the Linn streamer speak via upnp but it's weird that when this is happening Asset's status says all is good and the streamer indeed can see the server (as a source) but no content.

Administrator

Enable the log, restart asset, browse a artist listing, then look at the log, it should be populated, if so then see what happens when asset will not play.

Ok done that.
    Rescanned database.
    Interestingly Asset is skipping all wma files as 'unknown'?

Administrator

WMA is not supported off Windows