title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Metadata loading challenges

Metadata loading challenges

I have the current Win PC 64 bit version (17.4) of dBpoweramp CD Ripper (and all the other software too).

When I load a CD, sometimes nonsense metadata appears. If I go to the Manual Meta Review page, no data appears from any of the providers, just the data in the left hand column. The other providers are greyed out, and it isn't clear to me which provider supplied the data.

If I check the active providers, I have multiple selected.

If I try to retrieve metadata from a specific provider, a strange thing happens. It seems that sometimes the software has a "caching problem" where it doesn't overwrite the existing data with new data from the specific provider. I can step through several providers and get the same data every time, but sometimes if I step through in a different order, the data will update.

In short, it seems all messed up. I've clearly done something wrong. How can I get this to work?

Many thanks

David.

Administrator

Re: Metadata loading challenges

You should have:

the first 6 providers checked (including Intelligent at the top).

CD Text and CDPlayer.ini unchecked

If only data appears on the manual page on the left then it means it came from the cache, press the refresh button on the top to re-read live from the internet.

Thank you for this help.

I now have the six providers checked. The manual page only shows four, however - Discogs, GD3, Music Brainz and freedb. I'm guessing that is because the PerfectMeta isn't a provider but more a way of handling, and similarly, the dBpoweramp cache is a result, not a source.

If a source is greyed out, does that mean it was queried and had no data?

What is the logic for which source is given priority? Is that part of the PerfectMeta? Are there any user-inputs in that process?

For the past few days, CD Ripper has been unable to get results from freedb.
    Is it a problem on my end? How do I check if freedb is healthy?

I have been having problems also. Nothing was changed to my system and it started to take tens of minutes to find metadata. This started about three days ago and sometimes it would find metadata for one disk of a two disk set and not the second disk.

I was at version 17.3. I thought that there could be an issue with the version so I upgraded to 17.4. Still the same problem; it won't fetch metadata and it also won't manual add data from Discogs URL.

Administrator

R17.5 is out next week which should correct any metadata issues