title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES for Mac, R3.2 beta

Super Moderator

PerfectTUNES for Mac, R3.2 beta

Current version: beta 9

Download:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/PT-R32b9.dmg

Changes since R3.1:
    • Greatly improved keyboard accessibility of the whole application.
    • Various visual updates, made various tables/lists more consistent with Mac UI conventions, replaced in-table buttons with plus minus buttons next to the table.
    • Reworked DMG appearnce.
    • AccurateRip: Fixed search box being initially disabled until a change of view.

Changes in beta 2:
    • Fixed regressions/glitches in ID Tags.

Changes in beta 3:
    • Fixed more regressions/glitches in ID Tags.
    • Removed the toggle for WAV tagging character set. Unicode is always used. The old default value prevented Unicode text from being written.

Changes in beta 4:
    • Apple Lossless decoding overflow fix.
    • Enabled decoding of WavPack files with DSD.

Changes in beta 5:
    • Edit ID Tags: Removed cycling of edited fields by left/right cursors. Cycling with tab & shift+tab still works.

Changes in beta 6:
    • Bumped beta timeout.
    • Improved matching of Artist vs Album Artist vs Composer in Recommendations.

Changes in beta 7:
    • Fixed launcher window position not being remembered (3.2 beta regression).
    • ID Tags / Recommendations: special display of leading/trailing spaces in tags.
    • Fixed Album Art treating albums with similar names as one.
    • Faster startup of all apps other than De-Dup, no longer fingerprints all audio.
    • Various visual glitches fixed.
    • Made possible to write AccurateRip info to file tags.
    • ID Tags: Custom fields specified in settings are always-shown in Edit ID Tags dialog.

Changes in beta 8:
    • ID Tags: Refined trailing dots feature, as beta 7 would write the dots to file tags in certain conditions if dismissed edit without editing them out.
    • ID Tags: Added trailing dots in Sort Tags also.
    • ID Tags: Prevented tags from being rewritten when dismissing an edit box without actually changing its content, under Recommendations and Sort Tags.
    • ID Tags: Recommendations - never recommend 'fixing' tags by changing to values with leading/trailing spaces even if these are more common.
    • Album Art: Refined album detection further, treat files in different folders as separate albums always.

Changes in beta 9:
    • Album Art online search bug fixes and optimizations.
    • Added Discogs lookup to Album Art search.
    Last edited by PeterP; 02-02-2023 at 09:56 AM. Reason: beta 9

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: PerfectTUNES for Mac, R3.2 beta

Feature Request

From observation it would appear that inconsistencies, comparisons, and recommendations are constrained to each field type. Meaning if I had an artist and an album artist that were inconsistent it would not be flagged because they are in two different fields. Can you confirm my observation is correct and if so suggestion to allow the comparisons to span the fields that PerfectTUNES currently supports. My rationale is often artists can be found in Artists, Album Artists and Composers.

Let me know if not clear and thanks for considering.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Current version: beta 5

Download:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/PT-R32b5.dmg

Changes since R3.1:
    • Greatly improved keyboard accessibility of the whole application.
    • Various visual updates, made various tables/lists more consistent with Mac UI conventions, replaced in-table buttons with plus minus buttons next to the table.
    • Reworked DMG appearnce.
    • AccurateRip: Fixed search box being initially disabled until a change of view.

Changes in beta 2:
    • Fixed regressions/glitches in ID Tags.

Changes in beta 3:
    • Fixed more regressions/glitches in ID Tags.
    • Removed the toggle for WAV tagging character set. Unicode is always used. The old default value prevented Unicode text from being written.

Changes in beta 4:
    • Apple Lossless decoding overflow fix.
    • Enabled decoding of WavPack files with DSD.

Changes in beta 5:
    • Edit ID Tags: Removed cycling of edited fields by left/right cursors. Cycling with tab & shift+tab still works.
    Hi,

I notice beta 5 stays "Expires 12/2022" which has now passed but seems to still work. FYI not sure of release cycle for 3.2 or beta 6.

Kind regards

Super Moderator

Fixed timeout. Also implemented the suggestion to combine Artist / Album Artist / Composer, thanks for the idea.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks Peter.

From a PerfectTUNES perspective with beta 5 (and before) I was "clean" in Artists, Album Artists, Composer etc when choosing recommended. With beta 6 and the new implementation found several inconsistencies that I figured existed but many times differences are hard to spot visually. My library is close to 120,000 files. So thank you for implementing the suggestion!

Two items to add:

1) I think there is a slight regression in beta 6 where the main window no longer remembers it size/location on screen. The sub windows still seem to remember their size/locations. I purged the config .plist and let it get re-created and didn't seem to make a difference. This is cosmetic only and no impact on operation.

2) After cleaning up inconsistencies I needed to review some of them manually in an editor before accepting as the suggested value visually looked identical to the original value. In one case a name of a composer actually had an extra space after name and in artists/album artists it did not. You can't tell this looking at the results screen. My suggestion is to code the differences in the recommended value in a color so it clear what is the difference and using something to show that a space might exist if that is the difference.

Thank you very much for continuing to evolve the application.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Peter and Illustrate team,

I am not sure if this is a regression with 3.2 betas in general or has always been this way and I had not noticed. In the Album covers view multiple albums are combined into one item even though they are different folders with different album names to distinguish. I am including screen shots of a Mile Davis album where you can see the two redbook versions in the accuracy test while in the album cover section three versions are combined into one view. Each album has a different cover representing that edition.

For some reason can't seem to attach the images in the forum editor. Can email them upon request.
    Last edited by SirAtilla; 01-27-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions/reports, I'm looking into them.

As for albums getting incorrectly combined, please email screenshots to peter@dbpoweramp.com, I'll fix this for the next update.

Edit: looks like portions of album name, surrounded by () [], are thrown when finding distinct albums... not sure why we do this but it sounds like the culprit. Fixing.
    Last edited by PeterP; 01-30-2023 at 08:21 AM.

Super Moderator

All fixed in beta 7 (updating post now)
    Thanks for all the info.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    All fixed in beta 7 (updating post now)
    Thanks for all the info.
    Hi Peter,

I can confirm both issues I reported do appear to be resolved in beta 7. (Window size retention and the combining of different albums in the cover art editor)

The implementation to notate space differences is also confirmed to work when viewing recommended changes in the ID Tags editor.

Thank you

Super Moderator

Beta 8 posted, refined last changes further.

... I really like the trailing spaces solution, will look into applying it in other places in our apps. This has always been a source of user confusion / false bug reports ("some artist shows twice in the list!"), what I just did makes it obvious to see/fix.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Peter,

Are all the changes in this 3.2 beta branch included in the 2023-02-12 release that just came out?

Thanks

Administrator

Yes

[closed as now released]