title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Track *

Total Track *

In the past I ripped CD's with MEDIA CENTER which is writig the total track amount in a column.
    Unfortunately AR don't.
    How can I change this? Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Total Track *

Quote Originally Posted by TJoerg View Post
    In the past I ripped CD's with MEDIA CENTER which is writig the total track amount in a column.
    Unfortunately AR don't.
    I think you might mean CD Ripper and not AR?

How can I change this? Thanks!
    You are able to add tags in CD Ripper, prior to ripping.

Yes, I meant CD-Ripper, sorry!
    I cannot find that field "total tracks".

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, I meant CD-Ripper, sorry!
    I cannot find that field "total tracks".
    in CD Ripper settings, there is an option to tick related to adding total tracks or total discs.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    in CD Ripper settings, there is an option to tick related to adding total tracks or total discs.
    There are options called:
    -Track number without track count
    -Disk number without disc count

both of them are unchecked but still it's not shown.

dBpoweramp Guru

There are options called:
    -Track number without track count
    -Disk number without disc count

both of them are unchecked but still it's not shown.
    with these unchecked, can you confirm that CD rips don't have track count and disc count metadata fields filled in. I don't mean showing in the CD ripper screen, but instead showing up in the metadata tag as written (checking post rip).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    with these unchecked, can you confirm that CD rips don't have track count and disc count metadata fields filled in. I don't mean showing in the CD ripper screen, but instead showing up in the metadata tag as written (checking post rip).
    If you don't use Illustrate's tracktotal tag, use the ID Tag Processing DSP and map tracktotal to the tag you require e.g. totaltrack.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    If you don't use Illustrate's tracktotal tag, use the ID Tag Processing DSP and map tracktotal to the tag you require e.g. totaltrack.
    Did you really try?
    It's not there!
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-28 um 11.18.07.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-28 um 11.19.56.jpg

@Spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Did you really try?
    It's not there:
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-28 um 11.18.07.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-28 um 11.19.56.jpg

Administrator

You should be able to type any value you want rather than select from a list in ID Tag Processing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You should be able to type any value you want rather than select from a list in ID Tag Processing.
    But do I have to set this value with each CD? I mean the CD-Ripper knows how many tracks are on the CD and it's also in the database how many discs are in the Cover.
    I really don't get it. If there is an option "Track-number without track count" and "Disk number without disc count" CD-Ripper should use this info and write it in the Tags imho.

dBpoweramp Guru

But do I have to set this value with each CD? I mean the CD-Ripper knows how many tracks are on the CD and it's also in the database how many discs are in the Cover.
    I really don't get it. If there is an option "Track-number without track count" and "Disk number without disc count" CD-Ripper should use this info and write it in the Tags imho.
    It does. If I don't tick those two options, in my tags I see total tracks and total discs. But there are different metadata fields where different players/servers are looking for different named fields (totaltracks vs tracktotal, etc.). On this point, I don't think you ever responded to my earlier question:

edit: in my FLAC rips, the total tracks field is called TRACKTOTAL.
    Last edited by garym; 01-28-2022 at 12:00 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm not sure it shows up in this "write tags" option section. Confirm that post-rip, a metadata tag field like TRACKTOTAL is showing up in your files. It does for me in my FLAC rips.

dBpoweramp Guru

No. Create a ripping profile, setup ID Tag Processing DSP, and use the profile on every rip.

It does, if ripping to flac, using the Windows version and the tag is called TRACKTOTAL. I guess MEDIA CENTER calls it something else.

What file format are you ripping to, and can you answer garym's post no. 13?

ok, I opened one of the rips in "iTunes" and also in "Amadeus". both of them using format "Track/Title-Nr. 1/9"
    "TRAKTOR" is using "1 of 9".
    So it seams the problem is on Media Center which needs an extra field "Total Tracks" or just don't want to translate.
    I'm using AIFF (Apple) which is similar to FLAC (Windows). Maybe that's the problem, since MC is originally build for Windows.

Honestly meantime I'm tired about it and tend to leave it like it is.

It would be helpful to have a proper manual for CD-Ripper where it is EXACTLY described how to build those "extra-fields"