title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: End Of Symphonic Movements Cut Off

End Of Symphonic Movements Cut Off

I only recently starting using CD Ripper to rip some classical music (after successfully ripping a large library of jazz and rock/pop). While the classical music is ripped and organized the way I want, I notice that ends of many of the symphonic movements are cut off, i.e., terminated abruptly before they actually are suppose to end.

The code I am using to rip these CDs is:

[Genre]\[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][composer][]\[album][]\[IfMulti]CD [disc] - [][track] - [title]

(While I recognize that this is not the most robust code, it works for my limited classical collection.)

Any thoughts on why the symphonic movements are cut off early before they end?

I appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: End Of Symphonic Movements Cut Off

The code you mention is just for the naming of the file. It has nothing to do with the ripping of the CD or audio. Did these files report being secure or AcccurateRip matches? I suspect something odd with your player. What player are you using? Try a different player as a test (foobar2000,iTunes, etc.). What codec are these files? FLAC, mp3? WAV? or ???

in your player make sure you don't have crossfade turned on etc. (i.e., effects that change how songs stop and start).

garym: Thanks for your reply. I am using dbpoweramp CD ripper in FLAC format. I like the idea that the issue may be crossfade. However, I am unsure where that option would be located. Is it somewhere in the dbpowermap software that rips the CD? Or is it in the player (I am using Plex)? I have a vague recollection of having encountered the crossfade option two to three years ago when I first starting ripping my non-classical collection of CDs, but I can't recall where it is. Thanks in advance for the help. mav13

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you have any DSP effects setup in CD Ripper?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Did these files report being secure or AcccurateRip matches?
    mav13, are you able to answer the above?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mav13 View Post
    garym: Thanks for your reply. I am using dbpoweramp CD ripper in FLAC format. I like the idea that the issue may be crossfade. However, I am unsure where that option would be located. Is it somewhere in the dbpowermap software that rips the CD? Or is it in the player (I am using Plex)? I have a vague recollection of having encountered the crossfade option two to three years ago when I first starting ripping my non-classical collection of CDs, but I can't recall where it is. Thanks in advance for the help. mav13
    crossfade is in the player. Not in dbpa.

Yes to AccurateRip

Only DSP is Track Gain, with Calculate Missing ReplayGain Values. That is the only setting checked in DSP.

I don't recall setting this, so perhaps it was a default?

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes to AccurateRip

Only DSP is Track Gain, with Calculate Missing ReplayGain Values. That is the only setting checked in DSP.

I don't recall setting this, so perhaps it was a default?
    These DSPs are not causing any issues. And the files are AccurateRip matched, so there are no issues with the files themselves (which you could also confirm by playing on something other than PLEX (foobar2000 for example). So the problem is 99.9% likely a PLAYER issue. Something in your PLEX setup. I haven't used PLEX for music (only for video.....in the past it was not the greatest audio player, but may have improved greatly). But maybe you have a setting in PLEX related to crossfade, or some setting related to gapless playback, etc. There's something in your PLEX settings that is causing this cut off.

I've been looking at Plex but still have not found anything related to crossfade or gapless. Will keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Finally figured out how to download Fubar2000 and get it to play the FLAC tracks I ripped to my NAS. The issue of crossfade/gapless is very definitely the Plex player. So now I need to figure out how to adjust the Plex player, but having no luck so far. Thanks for all the input.

dBpoweramp Guru

Finally figured out how to download Fubar2000 and get it to play the FLAC tracks I ripped to my NAS. The issue of crossfade/gapless is very definitely the Plex player. So now I need to figure out how to adjust the Plex player, but having no luck so far. Thanks for all the input.
    OK. Good to know. (and what I expected). By the way, I'm suggesting "crossfade" or "gapless" as issues in PLEX settings, but this is just a guess given the problem you're having. It could be some other sort of setting in PLEX that has nothing to do with crossfade or gapless.