title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Audio Stutters after conversion

Audio Stutters after conversion

I'm converting m4a to mp3 on Apple M1Max with macOS 12.1 Monteray.

After conversion, the audio in the new track is stuttering a lot, completely unlistenable. I've tried batch converts, but also single files. And als o I've tried turning off all other applications. Not sure what to do, thanks.

Administrator

Re: Audio Stutters after conversion

What is your player? try iTunes

I've used iTunes to play back audio. Also I've just used the default music player when you press spacebar while the file is highlighted in finder.

I had to resort to converting the songs to mp3 via iTunes built in converter. So I know the issue must lie with dbpoweramp.

Administrator

What exact settings did you use for mp3 conversion? Which version of dBpoweramp do you have?

Sounds like the same issue I am having with db converter? I used free audacity to convert my m4a files from itunes with no issues. see post (Converted files cut out)
    Last edited by jrmach; 02-25-2022 at 01:46 PM.

I'm having similar issues - on my Windows 10 Enterprise it appears that DB Poweramp is unable to effectively convert MPEG-4 files that have been encoded with AAC - my current workaround is to convert them to Apple Lossless before using DB Poweramp to convert them to FLAC. Cumbersome. Is there a known fix?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jamescobbinlee View Post
    I'm having similar issues - on my Windows 10 Enterprise it appears that DB Poweramp is unable to effectively convert MPEG-4 files that have been encoded with AAC - my current workaround is to convert them to Apple Lossless before using DB Poweramp to convert them to FLAC. Cumbersome. Is there a known fix?
    see post 17

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...l=1*post210177

Thanks so much for that - problem fixed. In appreciation.