title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dMC-r17.4-Registered Version is supposed to come with Opus but it's missing

Question dMC-r17.4-Registered Version is supposed to come with Opus but it's missing

I've installed the dMC-r17.4-Registered version on Windows 7 64-bit. When I try to convert a .wav file with dBpoweramp Music Converter I can't see Opus listed as an Encoding option.

On your Codec Central page it says Opus is "Included with dBpoweramp". However for me, Opus Decoder is listed in the Options under Installed Decoders but not as an Encoder.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dMC-r17.4-Registered Version is supposed to come with Opus but it's missing

Which version of dBpa do you use?

Dat Ei

17.4 64-bit.

dBpoweramp Guru

I see the opus encoding if I i.e. start Batch Converter in dBpa R17.4 64 bit.

Dat Ei

In Batch Converter when I click on Convert it opens the Music Converter which had the same problem as I mentioned before.

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you checked "Configure dBpoweramp" -> "Audio Codecs" -> "List/Options"? I see that Opus 1.3.1 came with Release 17.4. Maybe uninstalling, reboot and re-installing might help.

Dat Ei

Administrator

dBpoweramp Reference installs those codecs, but not the power pack.

Please confirm if dBpoweramp Reference version 17.6 is supposed to have the Opus encoder installed by default or do I need to install the Opus codec? I've restarted my PC by Open encoder codec isn't listed and I haven't installed the the Opus codec yet.

Administrator

I created a fresh machine, installed Reference R17.6 and opus is there.

Try uninstalling dBpoweramp, restart windows in safemode (with networking) and install dBpoweramp, it could be your security software is removing it.

I don't even have any anti-virus software installed so is there any point in restarting my PC in safemode? Is there a way for me to provide you with a log so you can look into it?

Any other suggestions please? I don't even have any anti-virus software installed so is there any point in restarting my PC in safemode? Is there a way for me to provide you with a log so you can look into it?

Administrator

Last edited by Spoon; 03-03-2022 at 04:43 PM.