title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Installed latest version and some music files' metadata have been auto-edited...?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Installed latest version and some music files' metadata have been auto-edited...?

I am thinking this issue is probably due to JRiver MC28, but around the same time I updated JRiver I updated dBpoweramp, so it could be some autofill metadata feature that I need to disable in either program. The issue is that I recently discovered about two dozen albums of dsf files had the Year field edited from the 0000 (year only) format to the 0000-00-00 format (showing month and date of release). I am positive I had the four-digit year entered for all these albums so either Jriver or dBpoweramp somehow edited those files. I spent over an hour checking all the files I'd recently opened in JRiver and dBpoweramp and noticed this change in so many of the albums that I am certain I only tagged with the four-digit year, that it was not a mistake on my part.

These are pretty much all dsf files that I edited in dBpoweramp and played in JRiver within the past two weeks. I did some file conversion of these dsf files to aif format and edited the metadata in both the original dsf files and the converted files. I am inclined to guess these metadata changes were done by JRiver but I want to be sure, in case there is some setting in the new dBpoweramp that I need to change.

As far as I know, dBoweramp only autofills metadata text and image fields when I am ripping a disc, is that right? Because that is when I enter the data I want according to my own protocols, so that the ripped files have the metadata I want included, exactly as I want it to be. Please tell me if there is any possibility dBpoweramp would be autofilling metadata when I simply open the file for editing. I am really glad this program now supports dsf tagging since I used to have to use another program for that and now I can edit the metadata for all my sound files in dBpoweramp.

Administrator

Re: Installed latest version and some music files' metadata have been auto-edited...?

dBpoweramp would not auto update any tags.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Installed latest version and some music files' metadata have been auto-edited...?

That's what I thought, thanks for your reply.