title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Compilation Artists all show the same

Compilation Artists all show the same

I created a compilation CD of various artists using another software (Sonoris DDP) and it displays correctly in my car stereo but dbPoweramp shows all of the artists as the same, the first artist for the first song displays as all of the songs.

Administrator

Re: Compilation Artists all show the same

Perhaps the other software is not writing an album artist tag?

We know the information is there because the car stereo picks it up and displays it correctly.

dBpoweramp Guru

You have to set the compilation flag and to fill the album artist with "Various Artist" (or something like that) or even an empty string, while the artist is filled with the artist of the track.

Which program of dBpa is errornous from your point of view?

Dat Ei

I am using the dbPa CD Ripper. I did what you said and entered 'various' in the album artist and clicked the 'compilation' checkbox. I cleared track metadata then re-imported from CD Text and it says the same thing: The first artist populates for all of the artists, even though I know the data is there on the CD text from putting it in my car stereo.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Johnny,

there must be a fault in your workflow. I have 260 compilation CDs in my collection actually - no probs. What I do is:

- import the metadata
    - check the "Compilation" flag
    - clear the "Album Artist" edit field and click the "To All" button

Which software shows the wrong album artist?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey Johnny,

there must be a fault in your workflow. I have 260 compilation CDs in my collection actually - no probs. What I do is:

- import the metadata
    - check the "Compilation" flag
    - clear the "Album Artist" edit field and click the "To All" button

Which software shows the wrong album artist?

Dat Ei

same for me with no issues. In all cases I tick the COMPILATION box to create that tag field with a value of "1". Typically I leave the ALBUM ARTIST field blank, but I sometimes also put something there (for example, Miles Davis, when the ARTIST field may be Miles Davis Quintet. Or it might be a tribute to Doug Sahm, with lots of different track artists, but I put "Doug Sahm" in the ALBUM ARTIST field, so that my server/library also shows that album under Doug Sahm album listings, even though he's not an artist on the album. My players are foobar2000, LMS, or Roon.