title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mac-astrophe damaged install

Mac-astrophe damaged install

Years of dbpoweramp use Mac/PC, and finally trouble strikes.
    Mac version opened today but opened with Installation Damaged ..
    12.1 Monterey
    Downloaded R175 upgrade, deleted, binned and emptied trash before installing upgraded version.
    Opened with same error.
    Rinse repeat delete install, same problem
    Restarted, tried Trial Download version, same result
    Restarted, disabled Gatekeeper via Terminal
    confirmed Gatekeeper disabled
    Installed registered upgraded, no luck again.
    haven't seen any Security/Privacy messages, no Virus Checker active, and 2 other dmg, drag'n'drop installs today were ok.

dbpwrmp install.png

Super Moderator

Re: Mac-astrophe damaged install

Please check permissions of ~/Library/dBpoweramp + ~/Library/AccurateRip directories, make sure that dBpoweramp application has write access to them. If nothing helps, erase them or move them out of the way to let dBpoweramp recreate them.

The error message is unfortunate and needs to be changed as it caught me off guard too at first, thought it was a gatekeeper issue due to similar wording.

Red face Re: Mac-astrophe damaged install

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Please check permissions of ~/Library/dBpoweramp + ~/Library/AccurateRip directories, make sure that dBpoweramp application has write access to them. If nothing helps, erase them or move them out of the way to let dBpoweramp recreate them.
    Thanks for the rapid response.. Seems there were no folders there, and none created by install or first app open.
    I cheated by copying both from a Carbon Copy Cloner backup, and the main selection panel appeared.
    I’ve tweaked a few settings to force changes in Library, and all seems OK, but there’s another app processing 2TB of music, so I have to let that finish now, while I head off for ZZZ’s.