title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Discogs metadata won't load

Discogs metadata won't load

Hello

I'm ripping a disc where the metadata isn't immediately loaded - I have found the release on Discogs but the manual metadata search, says 'no results found' when I press Lookup Disc.

This used to work fine

Any ideas? cHeers

Administrator

Re: Discogs metadata won't load

How are you looking it up? typing the name of artist and album? what are you typing?

I am also having the same problem, I am evaluating the following version: dMC-R17.4-R ef-Trial.exe and I am trying to add the following item which is not loaded automatically:

https://www.discogs.com/release/5246...ana-Bert%C3%A8

To do so I start CD Ripper, I click on Menu/Manual Metadata Search, then I open a browser surf to the above link and finally select the address right click and select Copy.

Nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to debug what is going on?

Thank you
    claudio

P.S. I have also tried to search for the artist name and the text next to the "Lookup Disc" button changes to "Looking disc up..." but then nothing else happens. I have waited up to 30 minutes for a reply with no success.

My internet is working fine.

claudio

I do not know why my second post appears before my first one. The first post did not post and told me it had to be approved. My second post (above) just appeared. (the first post did not appear yet).

claudio

I'm experiencing the same issue. Was working fine a week or so ago. Now after inserting a CD, the program appears to retrieve the info, the stats bar fills about 2/3 of the way then hangs. The line at the bottom states ...
    ...oh snap! I just went to view the line to quote it correctly and the tag info fields finally populated. Took about 15 minutes, curved arrows spinning. Running the app on a MacPro 12 core trash can with attached Apple super drive handling the disc, please confirm if 15 mins to complete retrieval is as expected.

Attempted to load the same disc the day before yesterday and tag info never populated. Walked away from the computer after 10 minutes. At some point the app stopped trying and just left the fields with Track *s, durations and estimated file sizes only. No album art, name or track info. The CD itself is a standard release soundtrack, nothing unusual. The same occurred while trying to rip a different standard issue title.
    Trying to troubleshoot, I re-downloaded and installed the software again just before this attempt. I'll follow up if it occurs again.

I had the same issue a couple of days ago. Found the Discogs listing, entered the info into the form and came back with nothing found. Retried a few times and wound up entering it manually. There is only one entry for this album in Discogs.

Administrator

When pasting you have to remove the text at the end, this will work:

https://www.discogs.com/release/5246680

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

PERFECT! THAT WORKED

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

Perfect! That works - thank you!

OK, but where should I paste?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by abekat View Post
    OK, but where should I paste?
    On Windows it must be monitoring the clipboard, so it should populate as soon as the URL has been copied, unless you have any security software that might be getting in the way. Try copying the URL that Spoon included in his post above whilst on the Manual Metadata Search screen.

I don't know if it works the same way on macOS.