title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTunes Stuck in 2013 ... not so perfect

PerfectTunes Stuck in 2013 ... not so perfect

I recently bought PerfectTunes but now regret it.

The software is woefully outdated and not supported nor updated properly.

I installed it and quickly it went through 3 crash dumps on my WIN 10 PC.

The interface is so bare and non-functioning with huge gaps in UI/UX that leaves the User only asking more questions than solving problems.

If that wasn't insult to injury, you have to deal with a moderator/owner? who hides behind a one-word moniker "Spoon" as if he refers to himself a verb or better yet in 3rd person.

It's like having a conversation with a sniveling Jr. High Bevis & Butthead fan who only works when he feels like it (answering your questions).

So, if you feel like you are left out in the cold when using this software, you are not alone.

You just got punked by the "Spoon."

I'm sure he's going to remove this comment on the forum. So, read it fast...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTunes Stuck in 2013 ... not so perfect

I respectfully disagree. I use PerfectTunes on a regular basis for lots of useful tasks. I have ripped about 8,000 CDs with dbpoweramp. And I also find TuneFusion very useful for transferring files to my iThings running foobar2000 mobile. You will find that @spoon will not delete your post. He is a professional.

Administrator

This is not an Apple forum where nothing negative can be expressed against a particular company...

PerfectTUNES is updated as frequently as any of our other programs, R3.4 is already prepared for release, a few more things to add, the crash was already fixed:

r3.4 changes:

Shell installs right click icon for PerfectTUNES Edit ID-Tags

Removed .eu domain lookup
    ID Tag: Recommendations, new option 'Show Only Recommended'
    Added a search option to search on Lists & Recommendations, or Sort tags page, for example could search for 'feat' to find tags with Artist1 feat artist2
    ID Tag: can rename filenames on 'browse by file and folder' page
    ID Tag: Browse by Filenames, added sort tags to columns and ability to set custom tags in the settings page
    ID Tag: Speed up when listing 'Browse by Filenames'
    ID Tag: Browse by Filenames >> Mixed Track Editing new 'Scan sub-folders' button which lists all tracks on one screen

AccurateRip added "exclude album" feature

Bug Fix: De dup indexing crash fixed.
    Bug Fix: DSF (not all DSD files could be tagged)
    bug fix: Time presentation in local time
    bug fix: on scanning page presented art was showing small on high resolution displays

You also have a track record of not liking anything we produce, here you regret buying dBpoweramp, because an unsupported other program 'CD Writer' did not have the feature you wanted:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...514*post137514
    Last edited by Spoon; 01-06-2022 at 05:58 AM.

OK, my criticism is very specific to DeDupe, and the program's inability to chose the best version of the dupes it finds (not selected) and allow you to delete just the inferior dupes. I don't think my claim is outrageious. PLease stay in your lane.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bsacco View Post
    OK, my criticism is very specific to DeDupe, and the program's inability to chose the best version of the dupes it finds (not selected) and allow you to delete just the inferior dupes. I don't think my claim is outrageious. PLease stay in your lane.
    So why the comments aimed at Spoon and not simply your dislike of the de-dupe feature of PerfectTunes?

Spoon refuses to be a real person with a real name. Therefore , How do I address a verb or noun? Is Spoon the Coder? Owner? I have no idea who "Spoon" is. I find the entire drill ridiculous and unprofessional. Spoon, takes responsibility for customer support, but refuses to entirely answer question defaulting to strategically partial answers only. Spoon chooses very carefully what Spoon answers. Why? Because the software outside of DBAmp Ripper is sh*t. I don't know if "Spoon" wrote the software or not but Spoon is the only person responding. Customers that pay for this software deserve better. and better treatment from a anonymous customer support human. "Spoon" is at arm's length with the customers and dancing at every direct question because Spoon has no answer.

dBpoweramp Guru

@Spoon is the owner, creator, and coder of illustrate products. In recent years @PeterP has joined as an additional employee (i assume employee, maybe he is a partner). @Spoon is also the inventor, creator and maintainer of the AccurateRip database system. Try to get the CEOs of Apple or Microsoft to answer your questions on an apple or MS support forum. Indeed, try to get any official answer without purchasing an additional support subscription. Bottom line, @Spoon is a real person and he interacts well with his customers.

Administrator

After 10 years of put downs and exclamations that the software is sh*t (he once tried to rally people onto social media to spread the word against dBpoweramp because we had an older piece of unrelated software which was no longer being updated...), etc we have decided this 'relationship' with bsacco is abusive, his PT purchase has been refunded, he is welcome to find some other software, then spend the next 10 years complaining about it.

This latest attempt, not only to discredit the software, but now me, 42270 support requests I have personally written answers to on this forum, hardly 'hard to reach'.

The bsacco account has been suspended, these messages will remain, uncensored.
    Last edited by Spoon; 01-07-2022 at 05:31 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    we have decided this 'relationship' with bsacco is abusive

The bsacco account has been suspended, these messages will remain, uncensored.
    Sensible move and I'm not surprised.

Shame we can't get the law to treat this as a hate crime!!

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate ...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Probably the most appropriate action, in my opinion. You can't please all the people all the time.

I most certainly appreciate the responses from the top, thank you Spoon!

And for the record, I do not have any issues with dbPoweramp, nor Asset. While there may be some hiccups from time to time when our friends at MS or Apple make their "upgrades," I find your replies on the forum and time to update your programs are always prompt. Cheers!

mville - it appears you are "enabling" Spoon in his efforts NOT to answer my direct and SPECIFIC questions regarding the inability of his DeDupe software to what other free dedupe software can do. I'd think this would not be something to be admired.

Well, I hope so. I'm glad you have had success using the program. I have yet to find success in the DeDupe area. In regards to professional behavior. I never requested a refund, rather I just pointed out a weakness in the DeDupe product and Now "Spoon" Canceled me. My software that I purchased has now been deactivated. How does that happen? Did I hurt Spoon feelings? Did I hit a nerve? Did I bring up a subject so touchy that SPOON immediately cancels my purchase? Is this professional I ask? I like the CD Ripper product and some other aspects of his software. I guess you are not suppose to ask questions or point out shortcomings in the software of risk of losing your purchase? Now, I ask, Who is being abusive?

Spoon, if you understood SALES the customers that complain are often some of your most powerful and best potential long-term customers. Why? Because they really want the software to work. They wouldn't be taking the time to write back on some obscure forum about YOUR software unless they really wanted it to work. So, please consider this when considering my request to turn my PT tunes purchase back on again.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bsacco View Post
    mville - it appears you are "enabling" Spoon in his efforts NOT to answer my direct and SPECIFIC questions regarding the inability of his DeDupe software to what other free dedupe software can do. I'd think this would not be something to be admired.
    No!!! I just don't like unwarranted personal attacks, by patronising bullies like you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Why do you want your purchase turned back on when you have found free alternatives that work better for you? Plenty of people post problems/bugs. Spoon acknowledges those and often fixes bugs. If it is not a bug, but just a limitation of the program, Spoon also notes that. If there are features one wants, they should be posted on the "wishlist" forum for future consideration. None of this requires personal attacks on Spoon or other users.