title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Question re dBpoweramp setup

Question re dBpoweramp setup

Hello,
    I am new to dBpoweramp and am hoping it to be easier to use and more comfortable than EAC which I used a long time ago.
    I am running it on a Lenovo X1 (5 Gen., ca. 4 years old) with an Asus SBW-06D5H-U drive I bought recently and connected via USB-C.
    I set up the software exactly as suggested in the Setup Guide and went through all steps set forth there.
    My first rip with a new CD was quite a failure, showing the rip not to be accurate:

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\bvander\Music\Ava Max\Heaven & Hell\01 Ava Max - Heaven.flac'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 611 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 7963 (1:46) in 0:25. Filename: C:\Users\bvander\Music\Ava Max\Heaven & Hell\01 Ava Max - Heaven.flac
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 611 Frames]
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 611 Frames]
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 611 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Audio File Passed Verification

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\bvander\Music\Ava Max\Heaven & Hell\02 Ava Max - Kings & Queens.flac'
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 934 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 7963 to 20122 (2:42) in 0:28. Filename: C:\Users\bvander\Music\Ava Max\Heaven & Hell\02 Ava Max - Kings & Queens.flac
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 934 Frames]
    Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 934 Frames]
    ** Aborted: Have to ReRip 934 Frames, Re-Rip Limit Set to 100 Frames

and so on for every track on the CD.

I then disabled ultra secure and set the secure rip abort to no abort and tried another CD. Now the rip takes some time reripping the frames and still shows errors:

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\bvander\Music\Various Artists\Bravo Hits Vol. 110, Disc 1\01 Robin Schulz & Wes - Alane.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 13062 (2:54) in 2:31. Filename: C:\Users\bvander\Music\Various Artists\Bravo Hits Vol. 110, Disc 1\01 Robin Schulz & Wes - Alane.flac
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 62) Secure (Warning) [Pass 1, Re-Rip 1005 Frames]
    CRC32: BF39F567 AccurateRip CRC: 6AAC3BAC (CRCv2) [DiscID: 024-003db088-043382b3-4e112d18-1]

Is there a problem with the drive or have I made some other mistake? I would really appreciate your help.

Kind regards

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Question re dBpoweramp setup

Are you getting this on several different CDs.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If you have been using the same drive for EAC successfully, then I would say it is likely to be a scratched or damaged CD, as that is too many frames to attempt to re-rip under normal circumstances. Have you tried ripping the same CD back over in EAC?

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you C2 error pointers enabled? If so, try to to disable.

Dat Ei

Hello all, thank you very much!

Actually the drive produced the same errors on several disks, all of which had only been used a few times.

Today was the last day I could return the drive so I returned it and bought a Verbatim, which is shown as Pioneer BDR-UD04 in the software. It works exactly as expected, so all is good now. I really appreciate your assistance.

And btw: I love dbPoweramp. So much easier and more comfortable to use than EAC.
    Last edited by Hagen; 01-04-2022 at 04:40 PM.