title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need recommendation on best deduping tool (software for WIN 10)

Need recommendation on best deduping tool (software for WIN 10)

I have a zillion music file dupes.

I need a recommendation on the best tool that can dedupe quickly (in bulk) my PC and external drives that hold my music files.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Need recommendation on best deduping tool (software for WIN 10)

Quote Originally Posted by bsacco View Post
    I have a zillion music file dupes.

I need a recommendation on the best tool that can dedupe quickly (in bulk) my PC and external drives that hold my music files.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    SPOON -

Just curious what makes Perfect Tunes Unique and powerful. In otherwords, how is it different from everything else out there that sells their products for an average of half the cost of Perfect Tunes?

-Fork

Also, you have others selling Perfectunes for less on the Internet? See - https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multim...ectTUNES.shtml

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bsacco View Post
    SPOON -

Just curious what makes Perfect Tunes Unique and powerful. In otherwords, how is it different from everything else out there that sells their products for an average of half the cost of Perfect Tunes?

-Fork
    do these products also do artwork checking/high quality replacement, ID tag updating, post-rip Accuraterip checking, and de-dup, among other things.

Administrator

The purchase links, link back to our store.

Just ran your program. It was quite slow. Though, it found 111,435 duplicates yet it fails to delete them. Furthermore, this 2013 program does not seem to have any interface that allows me to direct where to move all these files. Also, I can't seem to find any indication that the program has any intelligence on locating THEN choosing the best quality file to keep. This is a key function I need in a program. There are plenty of deduping programs out there but when it comes to audio fingerprinting this is a must. I own DB PowerAmp. IS this program operate as part of the suite of tools?

Also, the program seems to have taken over my entire WIN PC. I am going to have to re-boot. Will I lose all the indexing that took 2 days to run if I reboot?

OK, just saw that you offer a 50% discount which is totally reasonable, so I pulled the trigger and bought it.

Now, I just have to figure out how to use it....
    Last edited by bsacco; 01-03-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Administrator

In de-dupe click the tool icon top right, there is an option there to se where the deleted files are sent to.

Not sure how the program can be more intelligent than it is on deleting, we are interested to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    In de-dupe click the tool icon top right, there is an option there to se where the deleted files are sent to.

Not sure how the program can be more intelligent than it is on deleting, we are interested to hear.
    Well, I have suggestions. First off, I hit mass delete button but there is no indication that the software is doing anything. A status window would do wonders for your UI/UX. Also, I get confused as to your UI when you show show the USer all the dupes with the checkboxes. Are you showing the User JUST the DUPES and keeping an original "behind the curtain?". THis is key because it's confusing. Your software should ask the simple question to the User, "Do you want to DELETE the following list of dupes and KEEP the best possible track according to our software analysis? - Fork

Also, the program has just crashed for the second time. But this app here refused to allow me to upload the Crash dump .dmp file. Please advise.