title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Browse by Metadata and lLsts & Recommendations bring up player window

Browse by Metadata and lLsts & Recommendations bring up player window

I am new to PerfectTUNES, so I may be doing something wrong. I am using DBpoweramp to rip a collection of classical and opera CDs. In many cases, a work is split over several discs and / or a single disc contains parts of several works. In some cases, I have set the work for the entire disc but would like to go back and set the movements / acts names, etc., using PerfectTUNES selecting groups of tracks to apply the same tags.

When I select "Browse by Metadata" or "Lists & Recommendations" a player comes up and starts playing a track. The "Browse by File and Folders" display does not seem to include the Work and Movement based tags.

As an aside, my long term goal is to create a playlist for each classical work in my collection and be able to index them via composer, work, performance, soloists, etc. Ultimately, this divorces finding the work to be heard from the constraints of album / disc organization, etc. Having consistent metadata is a key part of the process and my original rips using iTunes produced so many inconsistencies in the metadata that I decided to start over using DBPoweramp and PerfecrtTUNES.

Administrator

Re: Browse by Metadata and lLsts & Recommendations bring up player window

Using Windows or OS X?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Using Windows or OS X?
    Using OS X. High Sierra, the last one that will work on my Mid 2010 Mac Pro.

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry form my delay in responding.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report.

Which exact PerfectTUNES version are you using?

Does upgrading to the latest beta help?

Super Moderator

Some pictures of what happens (the player window) would help too, I can't seem to be able to recreate this issue, tried various PerfectTUNES versions on old Mac OS without seeing anything like this.
    Last edited by PeterP; 01-10-2022 at 09:02 AM.